Quick Search - the most straightforward way of searching the forum.
To use Quick Search on Project Jason forum:
1. Find Quick Search box near the top-left of the forum window.
2. Type in keywords to search
3. Limit the scope of your search in the drop-down menu, if necessary.
- Entire Forum: Searches in all boards and posts on the forum that you are entitled to view. It is the default choice.
- Entire Site: Searches the Project Jason Main Site .
4. Click on the Search button to activate the search.
** The Drop-down changes based on where you are in the forums. If you are on a board such as , say About Project Jason, it will give you the option to search this just this "board".
Use the advanced criteria to take more control of your search, that is, to search more specifically for information on Project Jason's forum.
To use the Advanced Search on Project Jason's forums, click on the Search button from the forum menu:
* You may have to click on Advanced Search if not showing.
Options that are available to you in the Advanced Search include:
1. Search terms
Choosing the right search terms is the key to finding the information you need. It's often advisable to use multiple search terms, each with 4 letters or more, and avoid cliches to achieve best results.
If you only want results that include an exact phrase, simply put quotation marks around your search terms.
For example: “Project Jason”, “Missing Jason”
Sometimes your search term will have more than one meaning, and thus generating more search results than desired. You can narrow down your search by putting a minus sign ("-") in front of words related to the meaning you want to avoid.
Note: Be sure to include a space before the minus sign, otherwise it will be regarded as a ("-") dash sign that connects two words -- “anti-virus” is not same as “anti –virus” as an example.
For search terms: Project Jason
“match all words” will find posts that contain both “Project” and “Jason”, while “match any words” will find those contain either “Project” or “Jason”.
"Match any words" tends to find posts that are NOT relevant enough to your search, and as such it's not recommended.
3. Search by Username
Enter the username of a Project Jason member to limiting your search to what that individual member has posted.
4. Show results as messages
When checked, posts that match your search criteria will be displayed in full instead of as an excerpt, and will naturally result in much larger results pages, which might be significant if you are searching for a popular word or phrase.
5. Search in topic subjects only
Narrows the search to only the subjects of topics for your keywords but does not search the keywords in the content of individual posts.
6. Message age
Find in posts that were posted to the forum within a certain period of time.
(1) To find in posts from last week, fill in “between 0 and 7 days”.
(2) To find in posts from the week before last to the last week, fill in "between 7 and 14 days".
7. Search order
How would you like search results to display in order?
8. Specific Topic id
Search within a specific topic. Topic id uniquely identifies each topic on the forum.
9. Choose a board to search in, or search all
Check/uncheck the boards that you’d like to search in.
10. Check/uncheck the boards that you’d like to search in. Depending on your Login Status
Of course, when you are finished, click the "Search" button sets everything in motion, but hitting 'Enter' directly from any of the search fields is sometimes more convenient.