Race: White
Sex: Female
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Hair: Sandy
Missing From:
CLEVELAND
OH
United States

Amanda was last seen at approximately 7:45 p.m. on April 21, 2003 wearing a Burger King uniform and a black apron with "Burger King" written on it in yellow letters. She has pierced ears, a pierced left eyebrow, and a scar on her lower abdomen.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Cleveland Police Department (Ohio) 1-216-621-1234

Print a poster: http://www.missingki....archLang=en_US

#2 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:28 AM

Family of girl who went missing on way home from work still searching for answers

Original Post: 07/31/04
www.wkyc.com

Reported by Monica Robins
POSTED: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:02:39 PM
UPDATED: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 4:07:06 PM
CLEVELAND -- The family of a 17-year-old girl missing for seven months is even more desperate to find her after a body was found on Cleveland's east side on Wednesday.

On April 21, Amanda Berry disappeared during her short walk home from work at the Burger King on West 110th and Lorain. She was still wearing her uniform. It was the day before her birthday.

Berry's mom, Louwana Miller, only has pictures left of her missing daughter.

"All I want to know is where is my child," said Miller. "If she's out there, somebody just call me. Let me know if she's alive so I don't have to sit and think that she's laying somewhere like that little kid."

Yellow ribbons are still tied to the fence and Berry's missing signs are torn and tattered.

Many businesses have already taken the signs down. Her family hopes that while she's out of sight, she won't be out of mind.

Dimitri's Family Restaurant replaced missing posters after realizing window washers damaged the others.

At the Burger King where Berry worked the drive thru, signs still hang on the outside and inside of the building.

Miller says she's frustrated by the system.

"Seven months of my lifetime and there is no suspects," said Miller.

There's been some confusion in Berry's case. Another teenager, Amanda White, had an Amber Alert issued when she disappeared from Cleveland Heights last month. White was found safe and sound a few hours later. But Berry's family says many people confused the girls and thought Berry was home.

There will be a candlelight vigil next Friday in front of city hall called the Rally for the Return of Amanda Berry.

#3 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:28 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry on America's Most Wanted

Reported by Paul Thomas
POSTED: Sunday, April 18, 2004 1:11:41 PM
UPDATED: Monday, April 19, 2004 1:15:31 PM
www.wkyc.com

CLEVELAND -- The stories of missing Cleveland teens Gina DeJesus and Amanda Berry were highlighted on the show America's Most Wanted Saturday.

Berry's story has been on the program before but it was the first time that a national TV audience saw and heard DeJesus' story. And her family hopes the national exposure will lead investigators to Gina.

When Felix DeJesus got his mail Saturday, there was a welcome surprise inside -- his daughter's smiling face.

Mail carriers are delivering fliers featuring DeJesus.

Fourteen-year-old DeJesus disappeared Friday, April 2nd.

"Any help is appreciated," her father says.

Appreciated too, any method of getting the word out to people who don't know she's missing.

"Because I know somebody had to see something," Felix DeJesus says.

"Maybe she's not in Ohio. It's very important [to get Gina's story out]," Mayra DeJesus, Gina's sister, says.

So Gina's family gathered around the TV, hands clasped, hopes raised to watch Most Wanted.

The show also gave life to the story of another missing Cleveland teen, Amanda Berry.

The 17-year-old was last seen one year ago, only six blocks away from where DeJesus disappeared

#4 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:29 AM

Daughter's Disappearance Takes Toll On Woman's Health
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daughter's Disappearance Takes Toll On Woman's Health
Doctors Find Tumor On Louwana Miller's Brain
www.newsnet5.com
POSTED: 7:14 pm EDT June 24, 2004
UPDATED: 7:31 pm EDT June 24, 2004

CLEVELAND -- It has been more than a year since Louwana Miller has seen her 17-year-old daughter, and the stress of the girl's disappearance has taken a dangerous toll on the worried mother's health, reported NewsChannel5.

Amanda Berry disappeared in April of last year, the day before her 17th birthday, as she walked home from her job at Burger King on West 110th Street and Lorain.

Now, Miller says she is so stressed that she practically lives on pills, reported Lee.

"I stay so stressed out - that's all I think about, when she's coming home," said Miller.

Miller takes 17 different medications in all, for everything from severe stomach pains, to insomnia, to headaches.

Doctors have now found a small tumor at the base of her brain.

Family friend Terry Sanchez says they still have hope that Mandy will come home.

"Was this a jealous friend? Did she get taken out of the country in one of those prostitution rings? -- Because she would have never gotten in the car with someone she didn't know," said Sanchez.

The two things Miller says she wants most in life are Mandy's safe return and to be around for the homecoming.

The reward for information leading to Amanda Berry's safe return is now more than $20,000.

If you know anything that might help lead to Amanda's recovery, call the Cleveland police or the FBI at (216) 522-1400.

#5 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:51 AM

Original Post:07/31/05.

$25,000 Reward Offered For Information On Missing Girls
Family Continues Weekly Vigil
www.newsnet5.com
UPDATED: 9:01 AM EDT July 28, 2004

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland police say they're increasing the reward to $25,000 for information about two missing
Nearly four months ago, 14-year-old Gina DeJesus disappeared, near Lorain Avenue and West 105th Street.

"When it starts to hurt bad, I pray and ask God to hold my strength. It's the not knowing that hurt the most," Nancy Ruis, Gina's mom, said.

Faithfully, every Friday night since Gina disappeared her family holds a vigil.

And a year before Gina went missing, 17-year-old Amanda Berry also disappeared from nearly the same spot.

Family members said authorities are also planning on putting up new billboards with Gina's and Amanda's pictures on them, hoping for any new information.

If you have any information about either of the missing teens, call Crime Stoppers at (216) 252-7463.

#6 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:52 AM

Original Post: 08/12/04.

The Tale of Two Amanda Berrys, One Missing, One Not

This is an amazing, interesting story that I know you will love.

There is a teenage girl from Cleveland named Amanda Berry, who has been missing for over a year. One day, I received an email from AMANDA BERRY! The subject line was also Amanda Berry. I was almost afraid to read it because I was concerned it might either be a hoax or that the missing girl was emailing me for some reason. I opened it and it said: “Can I adopt Amanda Berry on your Adopt a Missing Person program?”  I wrote back and explained that Amanda was not on the program and how families can place their missing loved one on the program. I asked her how she found, us, and if she knew the missing girl’s family.

Her name was also Amanda Berry. She wrote back and said she had found us and the Adopt program on the Internet. She also told me a most interesting tale about how one day she decided to type her name into the Google search engine just to see what she would find. She found the missing Amanda Berry from Cleveland. From that day forward, the other Amanda never left her thoughts. She wished she would hear more about her and that she had been found. She did not know the family at all. She was just a woman who cared, miles from the family in Cleveland who wanted so desperately to see their Amanda again.

I found this to be such an interesting and profound story, and I knew I had to do something about it. I asked Amanda if she was ok with me pursuing this with media who had done stories about the other Amanda. She was very open for me to do that. I told her that I intended to take it all the way; that it was too good of a story to pass up, and that the missing Amanda Berry and her family deserved an infusion of hope, knowing that someone cared. If we could get it on the airwaves, we could help this family. I think that neither one of us thought it would go anywhere. We were wrong.

The second media outlet I emailed the story to wrote back, and they were very interested. It took us a few days to make all the necessary arrangements, and then today we both went and filmed news segments in our respective cities. In the meantime, the families were writing their segments to include their daughters on the Adopt a Missing Person program. (Missing 14 year-old Georgina DeJesus from Cleveland was also included in the story, as we wanted to help both families.) Both girls will be on the Adopt a Missing Person site soon, and we have buttons ready to go.

Here is the link for the news story, plus a video you can watch online. Do watch the video as it features reactions from the family, too. They are so grateful that a stranger would come forward and help them as Amanda Berry did. I applaud Amanda and thank her for having the courage to do this.

This story is an excellent example of the fact that there is more good to found in the world than bad. The next time we are presented with an opportunity to do good, run with it, as you never know what might happen next. Amanda did, and look what came of it. I look forward to receiving Amanda’s adoption request for Amanda in the mail and hopefully many, many more.

http://www.wkyc.com/...ry.asp?id=21980

Adopt a Missing Person:
http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

#7 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

Original Post: 11/14/04.

Project Jason, in affiliation with J.B. Scott Publishing, is pleased to announce that Amanda Berry and Georgina DeJesus are featured inside of the November 2004 issue of Through the Gears. You can pick up a free copy of this publication at your local truck stop.

Both girls, missing from Cleveland, are also on the November 18 Wheel Angel program campaign. Be sure to download and print several posters and place them to help the families bring them back home.

http:///www.projectj...g/18wheel.shtml

Be sure to visit their websites and sign the guestbook to show the families that we care and support them in their efforts to locate these girls.

www.findgeorgina.com
www.amandaberry.net

Thank you.

President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

#8 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:54 AM

Re: Missing Child: AMANDA BERRY
Original Post: 11/15/04

Amanda Berry's mother, Louwana, appears on the Montel Williams Show on Wednesday, November 17th. Check your local listings for the station and time.

Thank you.

Kelly

#9 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:54 AM

Original Post: 11/18/05.

Video about the show:

http://www.wkyc.com/....&sid=26506&bw=

News Story

Kelly

#10 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

Original Post: 04/21/05

www.wkyc.com/

Friday marks 2-year anniversary of Amanda Berry's disappearance

POSTED: Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:34:56 PM
UPDATED: Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:36:29 PM

CLEVELAND -- The family of missing teenager, Amanda Berry, is still hoping for answers on this the 2-year anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

Back in 2003, Amanda was last seen walking home from the Burger King restaurant where she worked.

She disappeared near West 110th and Lorain. The investigation in still active, but so far no clues have led to her whereabouts. Friday is Amanda's 19th birthday.

Saturday, family and friends will hold a walk near the site where Amanda was last seen.

#11 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

Original Post: 04/25/05

www.wkyc.com

Spring storm doesn't keep family from remembering missing teen
POSTED: Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:15:10 AM
UPDATED: Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:38:19 PM
CLEVELAND -- The nasty weather didn't keep a west side family from remembering a missing Cleveland teenager.

Sixteen-year-old Amanda Berry disappeared the day before her 17th birthday. It was April 21st 2003. Berry had just left her job at the Burger King at W. 110th and Lorain. She was walking home and vanished a few blocks away from her home.

Saturday night at 6:30 Berry's family and friends walked the route she took the day she went missing.

#12 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

Re: Missing Child: AMANDA BERRY  Original Post: 04/25/05

www.cleveland.com

Searching for daughter, answers

Mom holding march for missing girl

Saturday, April 23, 2005
Chris Seper
Plain Dealer Reporter

Louwanna Miller will take the same route today that her daughter was supposed to follow two years ago.

Amanda "Mandy" Berry never made it from her job at the West 110th Street Burger King to her home in the next block. She has been missing since April 21, 2003 - the day before her 17th birthday.

Miller is holding a vigil march at 6:30 p.m. to remember her daughter. It starts from the shopping plaza at West 110th Street and Lorain Avenue. When marchers reach Miller's home, they will sing happy birthday to Amanda. "I'm hoping it will sink in Amanda Berry is still missing," said Miller, who sang happy birthday to a picture of her daughter Friday morning.

"Please make a phone call. I know somebody out there knows. Don't be scared. If you have to disguise your voice, do that. Give an idea of where she's at."

Amanda told her sister she was catching a ride home from work, but she never made it home.

At first police considered Amanda a runaway. But then the FBI began to investigate the case as a kidnapping. Later police said someone used Amanda's cell phone a week after she disappeared to contact Miller and claim her daughter would be fine and would return in a few days.

Amanda's plight was the first in a string of high-profile attacks on neighborhood youths. There was a rape of a 12-year-old a few months later. Then 14-year-old Gina DeJesus disappeared a year after Amanda, refocusing attention on Amanda's disappearance. Gina also hasn't been found.

Miller's life has been a roller coaster for the last two years. For about 19 months, she held out hope that her daughter was still alive. Then she became "98 percent" certain her daughter was dead after meeting with a psychic in November on the Montel Williams television talk show. She has since changed her mind.

"I can't accept that because I don't have any proof," Miller said. "I try to be very positive. It's so hard. I live alone and talk to myself. I talk to Mandy's pictures."

FBI spokesman Robert Hawk said agents haven't received any new leads in the case, but added, "We haven't given up hope."

#13 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

Original Post: 10/08/05

www.amw.com

Amanda Berry Leaves Her Job And Disappears
Amanda Berry was very close with her family. She lived on Cleveland's West Side with her mother and older sister. Amanda was a very independent teenager. Because she enjoyed shopping and liked to buy herself things she got a job working at Burger King just blocks away from her house.

On most days she would walk the short distance from home to work. Then there were days that she would get a ride home from her sister. Just days before her 17th birthday Amanda was busy making preparations for a birthday party. She and her sister were planning to have a few friends over to help Amanda celebrate.

Amanda Disappears
On April 21st, the day before her birthday Amanda left work early that day and waited out in front of the Burger King for a while.

When her sister called to see if she needed a ride home Amanda told her that her ride was there and she would call her back.

Witnesses say they saw Amanda walking towards her house but she never made it home.

Police Keep Searching
The money Amanda had been saving for her party was left on her dresser the night she disappeared. Amanda loved shopping, talking on the phone and listening to rapper Eminem.

Police have scoured the area searching for clues to help find out what happened to Amanda. However, thay have come no closer to finding any answers.

#14 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Original Post: 11/02/05

Friends, loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens hold prayer vigil

Updated:10/23/2005

CLEVELAND -- Friends and loved ones of two missing Cleveland teens joined together for a prayer vigil Saturday night.

The families of Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus say they want to remind the community that the girls are still missing.

They also want to encourage people to call police with any leads.

Both Amanda and Gina disappeared from the same west side Cleveland neighborhood. No one's heard from them since.

Loved ones say they held the vigil to mark the two and a half year anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

http://www.wkyc.com/

#15 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Original Post: 12/31/05

www.wkyc.com

Mother of missing girl hospitalized

By Monina Wagner
Created: 12/31/2005 12:57 PM
Updated:12/31/2005 12:57 PM

CLEVELAND -- A local mother who fought so long to find out what happened to her missing daughter is hospitalized.
Louwanna Miller is in critical condition.

Her daughter, Amanda Berry, has been missing for two and half years.

Before Christmas, Miller underwent surgery on her pancreas and gall bladder at Metro Health Medical Center.

Miller has since been moved to the Cleveland Clinic where she was taken for a second surgery.

The situation is complicated because her family says Miller has been diagnosed with C. diff, a dangerous bacterial infection.   Last edited by Kelly : 08-24-2006 at 12:07 AM.

#16 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Original Post: 03/02/06

Amanda Berry's mom, Luwana, passed away this morning. Her suffering has ended, both physical and mental. She now knows where Amanda is, and perhaps they are together.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/ Posted Image

#17 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:58 AM

Original Post: 03/02/06

http://www.wkyc.com/

Amanda Berry's mother dies

Created: 3/2/2006 11:46:51 AM
Updated:3/2/2006 12:09:43 PM

CLEVELAND -- A Cleveland woman who spent the last three-years searching for her missing daughter has passed away with her family at her side.

Louwana Miller never knew what happened to her daughter, Amanda Berry, who vanished in April of 2003.

Miller suffered a major heart attack, and was hospitalized in a coma before passing overnight.

She has recently been fighting off an infection.

#18 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:01 AM

Original Post: 03/03/06

http://www.ohio.com/....e/14008379.htm

Posted on Fri, Mar. 03, 2006

Woman looking for missing daughter dies

Associated Press

CLEVELAND - A woman who had spent the last three years looking for her missing daughter died of heart failure at 44, her family said.

Louwana Miller had been hospitalized since December for pancreatitis and other ailments. She died Thursday at a rehabilitation center in suburban Lakewood, said her sister, Theresa.

The disappearance of her daughter, Amanda Berry, had taken a toll as Miller's health steadily deteriorated in recent months, family and friends said.

The family hasn't heard from Berry since the day before her 17th birthday on April 21, 2003, when she called her sister to say she was getting a ride home from her job at a Burger King on the city's west side. The fast-food restaurant was about a 10-minute walk from her home.

The FBI and Cleveland police continue to work the case, which was featured on the television crime show "America's Most Wanted." Miller also appeared on Montel Williams' nationally syndicated TV talk show in November 2004.

Along with community activists, Miller publicized the girl's disappearance through walks, vigils and interviews with local media.

Art McKoy, a Cleveland-area advocate for crime victims, said Miller changed after a psychic on the "Montel Williams Show" told her that her daughter was probably dead.

"From that point, Ms. Miller was never the same," McKoy said.

#19 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Original Post: 03/08/06

Funeral Services Set For Missing Girl's Mom

POSTED: March 6, 2006

CLEVELAND -- Funeral services are set for Louwanna Miller, the mother of Amanda Berry who disappeared three years ago, NewsChannel5 reported.

Berry disappeared while walking home from work from a west-side Burger King.

Calling hours for Miller are from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Ripepi Funeral Home, 5762 Pearl Road in Parma.

Funeral services will be Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the Church on the Rise.

Police are actively working the case of the disappearance of Berry and Gina DeJesus.

http://www.newsnet5.com

#20 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Original Post: 4 week ago from 04/23/05

Viewer Believes She Saw Missing Teen On TV

UPDATED: 8:59 am EST March 20, 2006

CLEVELAND -- Three years after Amanda Berry mysteriously disappeared from the streets of Cleveland, police continue searching for her.

Last week, a NewsChannel5 viewer thought she saw the teenager on television. 5 On Your Side chief investigator Duane Pohlman and Cuyahoga County sheriff's detectives wasted no time picking up the trail.

A young woman giving a testimonial on camera during the March 4 episode of the Ohio Lottery's show "Cash Explosion" triggered the tip.

"You gotta come, try it out," said a woman with blue hair.

March 20: Amanda Berry Sighting?

The viewer thought the face looked very much like Berry. The teenager disappeared three years ago, the day before her 17th birthday. She was walking home from work on Lorain Avenue.

Her case was in the news nearly every day for months. Amanda's picture was everywhere.

Detective Jamie Bonnette was stunned by the similarities of the blue-haired woman in the video and Berry.

"I think you might have her," Bonnette said.

"What's your gut say?" Pohlman asked.

"It's too close not to look into," Bonnette said.

Berry's mother, Louanna Miller, died two weeks ago. Her sister Beth is now the closest living relative. Pohlman asked her to view the tape.

"I just can't see her hair like that and stuff, but it has been so long and things, you know," Beth Serrano said. "See right there, right there's her face. I mean, when she does that, I can see the side of her face."

Serrano thought she saw her missing sister.

"Do you think that's her?" Pohlman asked.

"Yeah. From the looks, yeah," Serrano said.

Together, the 5 On Your Side investigators and the detectives put everything they had into an all-out search to identify the woman on the tape.

The search led investigators to Columbus, where the game show was taped.

Detectives searched the records and interviewed everyone who remembered the blue-haired girl on the tape.

"She was smiling. She was friendly," Johnny Douglas said.

But no one could put a name to the face.

Finally on Thursday, there was a break. Investigators tracked the blue-haired girl to a suburb outside of Toledo.

Pohlman arrived moments after the detectives. The blue-haired girl was not Berry, but a shy 22-year-old named Crystal, who shares the features of the missing girl from Cleveland.

Pohlman said that means a girl who mysteriously disappeared here Lorain Avenue is still missing, and there are no new leads.

He said it would be easy to write off the results of the investigation as disappointing, but Bonnette said no one is giving up on finding Berry.

If you have any information about Berry, contact Cuyahoga County sheriff's detectives at (216) 443-5578.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick