• Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:17 AM

http://www.jacksonsu...EWS01/904100307

No body found - man still missing
Family, police, volunteers comb Brownsville field for man not seen in a week

Posted Image
By TYRONE TONY REED JR.
April 10, 2009

BROWNSVILLE - Four hours of searching and still no body.

It was both a curse and a blessing for 48-year-old Leona Wilson, who combed a field off Dr. Hess Road Thursday, looking for her missing 29-year-old son, Anthony Summers.

She was joined in her search by officers from the Brownsville Police Department, her two daughters, LaTrice Summers and Jennifer Summers, and about 50 volunteers.

Authorities called off the search, which was prompted by a telephone tip, at around 3:20 p.m. Thursday.

"I don't know what has happened to him," Wilson said. "We're just going around in circles and circles."

Anthony, who has an 11-year-old son, has been missing since Friday. Family members reported his disappearance to police on Saturday, according to Brownsville Mayor Webb Banks.

Assistant Police Chief Johnny Blackburn said authorities are investigating the matter as a missing persons case.

Jennifer said the tipster told the family her brother's body could be found in the field.

Jennifer said Anthony is about 6 feet, 1 inch tall. He has a tattoo on his left arm that has the words "Tonybone" on it. He also has a big scar on the left side of his neck and one gold tooth.

Wilson said she last saw her son a week before his disappearance.

Jennifer, 21, of Brownsville, said Thursday's search began after her mother received a call suggesting that the family search in specific locations for her brother.

"Someone called my mother's cell phone and said we needed to check the rivers and fields," Jennifer said.

Later in the day, the family was contacted and told to search the field off of Dr. Hess Road.

Wilson said the investigating officer, Lt. Shawn Williams, has been very helpful.

"He was very good about answering our calls and helping us search," Wilson said. "He said he would stay out there with us unless he was needed somewhere else. We appreciated that."

After that search ended Thursday, the family was told they should look elsewhere.

With each "look here" and "look there," Wilson said she has become annoyed with some of the calls she has gotten.

"We're getting a lot of crank calls," Wilson said.

LaTrice, 27, of Brownsville, added, "But, we don't know which calls are fake and which ones are real."

LaTrice said Anthony, who was not working, was living with her at the time of his disappearance.

"His clothes, his shoes and the rest of his stuff is at my place," LaTrice said. "The last time I saw him was Thursday night."

LaTrice said she received three phone calls from Anthony's cell phone Saturday. Two of the calls were suspicious, she said.

"I got calls from his phone at 1:53 a.m., 1:57 a.m. and 7:57 a.m.," LaTrice said. "He wouldn't call me that early unless he was at the front door and wanted me to let him in."

Jennifer said the family called Anthony's phone, but no one answered.

"We've been calling his cell phone every day, but it has been going straight to voice mail, like someone had turned it off," Jennifer said. "When we called it last night, it continued ringing, like someone had turned the phone back on."

The family was able to access Anthony's cell phone records and called all the numbers listed. Those they called said they have not seen Anthony.

"Someone told us they talked to him on the telephone Saturday around 9 a.m.," Jennifer said. "But, he's never gone this long without talking to us."

Wilson said as far as she knows, her son didn't do drugs and the only trouble he has gotten into is driving without a license. She said she just wants to know where her son is and wants anyone who knows anything to call her family or the police.

"I don't know what to do," Wilson said. "I don't know where to look. I don't want to think badly. But, this is not like him."

Anyone with information on Anthony Summers' whereabouts is asked to call the Brownsville Police Department at (731) 772-1260 or Crime Stoppers at (731) 772-2274.

#2 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

http://www.jacksonsu...ID=200990409021

Police searching for Brownsville man missing since Friday

By TYRONE TONY REED JR.
April 9, 2009

http://cmsimg.jackso...xW=318&Border=0

http://cmsimg.jackso...xW=180&Border=0

Brownsville police are investigating the disappearance of a 29-year-old man, according to a city official.

Brownsville Mayor Webb Banks said police are searching for Anthony Summers, of Brownsville.

"Police told me he went missing Friday and they were notified of his disappearance Saturday," Banks said today. "He is considered a missing person and police are investigating."

Summers' 21-year-old sister, Jennifer Summers said it is unlike her brother to be gone so long.

"He's never gone this long without talking to us," Jennifer said. "We've been calling is cell phone every day, but it has been going straight to voice mail, like someone had turned it off. When we called it last night, it continued ringing, like someone had turned the phone back on."

Jennifer said her brother has one child.

Jennifer said Anthony is about 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a tattoo on his left arm that has the words "Tonybone" on it. He also has a big scar on the left side of his neck and one gold tooth.

Anyone with information on Anthony Summers whereabouts is asked to call the Brownsville Police Department at 772-1260.

Visit jacksonsun.com and share your thoughts.
—Tyrone Tony Reed Jr., (731) 425-9758

#3 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • LocationMetropolitan St. Louis

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

http://www.jacksonsu...NEWS01/90409038

SEARCH FOR BROWNSVILLE MAN: Law enforcement officials are searching a field in Brownsville for 29-year-old Anthony Summers, a man who was reported missing last week.

#4 Jenn

Jenn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,706 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

http://www.wmctv.com...ttype=printable

Family fears the worst as it searches for missing son

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 4:20 PM EST Updated: Nov 12, 2009 8:11 PM EST By Justin Hanson -

Posted Image

BROWNSVILLE, TN (WMC-TV) - For nearly eight months, a Brownsville mother has been searching for any sign of her son.  Anthony Summers turned 30-years-old on October 28th, but instead of celebrating, Summers' family spent the day wondering whether he was dead or alive.

"If he's gone I can accept that, but just not knowing is the problem," said his mother, Leona Wilson.

On April 3rd, Anthony Summers spent the night with his sister Jennifer.  The next day, he left and no one has heard from him since.

"The morning he woke up, he looked like something was wrong with him, and I asked him what was wrong and he told me, 'nothing,'" Jennifer said.

Summers was shot several years ago, family members said. Police say the man who shot him, Jessie Cannon, just got out of prison for the crime.  Wilson mother believes Cannon knows where her son is.

"He said that when he got out that he was gonna get him, and the day he got out of the half way house, he became missing," she said.

Investigator Shane Williams of the Brownsville Police Department confirmed that Summers' case is still an active missing persons case.

"I've been here almost 21 years and I've never seen anybody disappear like Anthony Summers," Williams said. "No clue - he didn't even leave footprints in the dirt."

Investigators hope someone with information about Anthony Summers will come forward, so his family can have closure.

Jennifer, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearc...harityid=857029

Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectja...awareness.shtml

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick