Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

http://www.wsoctv.co...r-old-gi/nZFQz/

Rowan Co. Deputies: 15-year-old missing since 2011

Updated: 11:02 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013 | Posted: 4:53 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013
By Dave Faherty and Trish Williford

Erica_Parsons.jpg

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Erica Parsons is a 15-year-old from Rowan County; she was adopted as a baby.

On Monday night, her grandparents said that no one has seen her since 2011 -- yet she is just now being reported as missing.

They told Eyewitness News they thought she was visiting other family.

Erica Parson's grandparents told Eyewitness News they've been asking their son or daughter where the teenager was, but they just learned two weeks ago that Parsons was missing.

It has been two years, and according to deputies, no one has seen or heard from 15-year-old Parsons.

Rowan County deputies said she disappeared from a Salisbury home she shared with her adoptive parents back in November of 2011.

Deputies said she was just reported missing about two weeks ago.

Eyewitness News talked to Parson's grandparents on Monday.

They said they are sick not knowing what happened to her.

"That is my fear that something happened and nobody is telling us. I am not talking about the law, I am talking about my boy and daughter-in-law," said Steve Parsons.

"I am so worried, I am so worried," said Janet Parsons.

On Monday night, Eyewitness News knocked on the door of Erica Parsons' home and no one answered.

Earlier on Monday, Eyewitness News was told the parents of Erica had turned photos of the teenager over to law enforcement, but had been advised by their lawyers not to comment.

Eyewitness News asked neighbors if they had ever seen Parsons.

Elizabeth Cardona said she saw a lot of police activity at the Parsons home last week. She said something else struck her as strange.

"I saw two ladies yelling at each other and I saw a moving truck but I didn't know what was going on," said Cardona.

Erica was adopted by the Parsons when she was just 2 weeks old and she could not have been reported missing by her school because she was also homeschooled.

Caylee's Law was introduced in several states after the mother of a Florida toddler was acquitted.

Casey Anthony failed to report her 2-year-old daughter missing for nearly a month in 2008. The girl's body was later found in some nearby woods.

North Carolina's version of the law goes into effect in December. Any parent who does not report a child missing within 24 hours will be charged with a felony.

Anyone else who suspects a child is missing and doesn't report it faces a misdemeanor.

Again Erica Parsons is 15 years old, but police said she is small for her age. She is four and a half feet tall and about 85 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

If you have seen her or have any information, Rowan County Sheriff's Department at 704-216-8700.

Lori Davis, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearc...harityid=857029

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#2 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

http://www.wcnc.com/...-218415181.html

Teen not seen in 2 years, recently reported as missing
by RAD BERKY / NBC Charlotte
Posted on August 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Updated August 7, 2013 at 4:27 AM

SALISBURY, N.C.  -- An investigation is underway to find a 15-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly two years, but her disappearance has only just now been reported.

Rowan County Sheriff's investigators identified the girl as Erica Lynn Parsons who would now be 15 years old.

She lived with her adoptive parents on Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.

The last time investigators say she was seen was in November of 2011.

Her grandfather says she was home-schooled so the school department did not report her as missing.

A man and a woman who answered the door at the house Monday evening said they had been advised by an attorney not to talk about the girl.

Steve Parsons, who lives in China Grove, is the girl's grandfather.

He can't remember exactly when he saw her last but thinks it was about a year and a half ago.

He says her mother and father kept telling him that she was away.

Investigators say it is possible she might be in the Asheville area.

Parsons said a grandmother from the other side of the family did live in the Asheville area.

Neighbors of the teen were reluctant to say anything, but one who did not want a name used -- said investigators from the Department of Social Services and Sheriff's deputies were at the house last Friday night.

"I'm hurt. I'm just hurt," said Parsons as he showed a picture of the young girl.

"Just a little girl who didn't seem happy," he said.

Asked why he said that, Parsons replied, "I have no idea."

Anyone with information about the teen is asked to call the Rowan County Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#3 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

http://www.wcsh6.com...44/Wheres-Erica

Where's Erica?

4:33 PM, Aug 6, 2013
130806040535_EricaMissing0806_500K_00000

SALISBURY, North Carolina (WCNC) -- An investigation is underway to find a 15-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly two years, but her disappearance has only just now been reported.

Sheriff's investigators identified the girl as Erica Lynn Parsons, who would now be 15-years-old.

She lived with her adoptive parents in Salisbury, North Carolina.

The last time investigators say she was seen was in November of 2011.

Her grandfather says she was home-schooled so the schooldepartment did not report her as missing.

A man and a woman who answered the door at the house Monday evening said they had been advised by an attorney not to talkabout the girl.

Anyone with information about the teen is asked to call the Rowan County Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

www.projectjason.org

#4 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

http://www.wsoctv.co...ons-home/nZN45/

Investigators search home of missing teen Erica Parsons
Updated: 6:06 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013 | Posted: 11:20 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013
By Catherine Bilkey and Torie Wells

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Nearly a dozen local, state and federal investigators have been searching the home and the property of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons all day Wednesday.

Parsons, 15, has been missing for nearly two years.

Eyewitness News was first alerted to the scene where police had the road near the home shut down around 11:15 a.m.

Chopper 9 immediately was dispatched to the scene on Miller Chapel Road near Salisbury, where investigators could be seen loading evidence into a truck.

Investigators took pictures in and around the home of Parsons' adoptive parents.

Police are stopping and turning drivers around if they don't live on the street.

Authorities have not said specifically what they are searching for.

Eyewitness News obtained information from neighbors who live near the Parsons home.

One neighbor said she saw some of the Parsons children at the home Wednesday and was told by investigators that Sandy and Casey Parsons, Erica's parents, were also there. Eyewitness News asked the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office about that and were just told that the Sheriff’s Office has released all the information that’s appropriate at this time.

Neighbors said the scene on their street is almost surreal.

"One police officer showed up and next thing you know there was probably 25 or 30 cars there," said Jerry Fairbank. "They are going in the house. They are walking around the house."

Investigators searching Erica Parsons' home

"They started coming around to each of the houses and interviewing us. We spoke with one of the deputies this morning and gave him our written statement," said Patti Miller, another neighbor.

Eyewitness News learned that the Rowan County Sheriff's Office asked the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to create an age-progression photo of Erica.

On Wednesday afternoon, neighbors said they hope all of this leads to answers one way or another.

During the search on Wednesday, Eyewitness News went to the Rowan County Courthouse twice to see if the search warrant had been returned. So far nothing has been dropped off there, but Erica Parsons' biological mother was leaving the building.

Carolyn Parsons said in the past that she did not want to talk until she had sat down with investigators, but on Wednesday she would not even comment on that.

She has told Eyewitness News before that she loves her daughter and wants her found safe.

On Wednesday, Eyewitness News also tried to talk to the attorney for Erica's adoptive family.

Eyewitness News was told he was out at lunch and then gone for the day.

Deputies said James Parsons, Erica's stepbrother, was the last known person to see her alive in November of 2011.

Then two weeks ago, James contacted police about her disappearance.

Erica is 15 years old and stands 4 feet 5 inches tall, weighing less than 100 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

www.projectjason.org

#5 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

http://www.wxii12.co...l#ixzz2c4vIyOkR

Warrant: Red stains, JonBenet magazines found at Erica Parsons' home
Money motive in not reporting Erica Parsons missing, warrant alleges

UPDATED 5:25 PM EDT Aug 15, 2013

SALISBURY, N.C. —Red-stained floors and walls and JonBenet Ramsey books and magazines were found during search of a missing Rowan County teen's home Wednesday.

Rowan County deputies, the SBI and the FBI searched the home of Erica Parsons' adoptive parents. Search warrant documents were released Thursday.

A section of drywall in the closet area was found with red stains and removed for blood analysis. Investigators also found two large knives in shrink wrap, a book about JonBenet Ramsey's disappearance with notes inside about remodeling a house, and a plastic bag with magazines about JonBenet.

Parsons' older brother reported her missing in late July, stating he hadn't seen her since Nov. 19, 2011. Parsons was 13 at the time.

Erica Parsons' adoptive mother, Casey Parsons, told WCNC Wednesday she expected her home to be searched. Parsons said her son had alleged to authorities the parents killed Erica and buried her in the back yard. Casey told WCNC she didn't kill Erica, and they have nothing to hide.

According to warrants, the son claimed the parents routinely abused Erica physically and mentally, and Casey refused to claim Erica as her daughter.

Casey was admitted to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Wednesday night for an unknown reason. She was in good condition as of Thursday morning and has a history of complications from stomach surgery.

Warrants alleged money was the motive for not reporting Erica missing earlier. Warrants said Erica moved in with another relative before she disappeared, but the Parsons kept getting money from the state. The parents took her back in when they feared they'd stop getting the money, warrants alleged.

The search warrants were issued on a missing person, as well as identity theft. Investigators are now asking the Parsons for bank account information.

www.projectjason.org

#6 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

http://www.wcnc.com/...-220755211.html

Missing girl's disappearance driving wedge between family members

by RAD BERKY / NBC Charlotte
Posted on August 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Updated today at 5:20 AM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- The mystery surround the disappearance of Salisbury teenager Erica Parsons seems to have driven a wedge between members of the Parsons family.

There are those who believe the story that her adoptive parents Sandy and Casey Parsons told, that Erica was sent to stay with her maternal grandmother two years ago.

And there are others, like Sandy's own brother, Scott Parsons, who are now openly questioning that explanation.

FBI agents arrived at Scott's home in Harrisburg Thursday afternoon to question him about what he knows concerning Erica and her life with her adoptive parents.

Scott Parsons now says he was the relative who first went to police and told them Erica was missing, and he had not seen her for two years.

In his first public comment, Scott Parsons issued a written statement calling on his brother Sandy to come clean.

He wrote, "Sandy needs to be a man and step forward with the truth so we can locate Erica."

In a previous interview with NBC Charlotte, both Sandy and Casey Parsons said they believed Erica was alive and well and just might be afraid to come home.

However, Sandy's own step mother has said that she thought Sandy might know more about what happened than he was saying.

Scott Parsons said he planned to be at a vigil for Erica Friday night, outside the home on Miller Chapel Road where Erica lived.

He wrote, "Thank you Rowan County community for stepping up for Erica...God bless and God be with Erica."

www.projectjason.org

#7 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

http://www.wect.com/...of-missing-teen

Online messages show contradictions in story of missing teen
Posted: Sep 04, 2013 5:41 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 04, 2013 8:58 PM EDT
By Chris Dyches
23341804_BG1.jpg

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - Newly obtained online conversations are revealing new details in the case of a missing teenage girl who was reported missing in July, nearly two years after she was last seen.

According to the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, 15-year-old Erica Parsons was reported missing on July 30 by her brother, James. James told investigators that he hadn't seen Erica since November 2011.

Sandy and Casey Parsons, Erica's adoptive parents reportedly told James that Erica had gone to live with her biological grandmother in Asheville. They have repeated that same explain in interviews with WBTV and on national interviews on the Dr. Phil show.

The Parsons said they haven't spoken with Erica since February 2012.

But online conversations obtained by WBTV show Casey Parsons giving Erica's biological mother updates on the teen's life as recently as March 2013.  The conversations were obtained by WBTV reporter David Whisenant and confirmed as accurate by Erica's biological mother, Carolyn.

The conversations started in May 2010.

"I thank God everyday you gave us Erica," Casey Parsons told Carolyn. "I know that was very hard, but at that time you made the right choice. She is a beautiful young lady."

She then goes on to say that one day Erica will want to meet Carolyn.  She also asks Carolyn not to tell "big Sandy" that she's giving her updates about Erica.

"It's just that big Sandy goes along with his daddy and you know how Steve feels," Casey Parsons wrote. "But it has always hurt me because I know how you felt about your kids and I know you have always loved your kids. I thank you so much Carolyn for giving me Erica!! We love her so much. I can't even think about life without her."

On January 5, 2011, conversations state that Casey, Erica and Carolyn met at a restaurant in Mooresville so Carolyn and Erica could meet for the first time in years.

Casey told Carolyn that Erica was quiet when she got home and Casey believed that Erica was thinking about everything.

The trio was supposed to meet again a month later, but Casey wrote to Carolyn and said she wasn't sure when another visit would be possible.

"I am mainly waiting until Erica tells me she wants another visit," Casey wrote. "Right now she hasn't really said a word. The only thing she really has said is to let her decide when she wants to visit again. So I don't want to push her. Erica and I are very close and I don't want her to feel she is losing me."

And for the first time since she went missing, we're hearing from Erica Parsons in her own words.

In a set messages reportedly written on Casey's account, but signed by Erica in February 2011, the teenager told Carolyn that is was nice to meet her, but that she didn't want to come to her house.

"These are my mom and dad and I don't think as you being my mom. Maybe in a long time I will see you again," the message stated. "Please stop writing my mom because I don't like her talking to you a lot. I don't mean to be mean because I am not a mean person I just want my mom and me to be close and we can't with you around."

She went on to say that she loved Casey and thanked Carolyn for giving birth to her.

Several days later, in reference to Casey being sick, Erica reportedly told Carolyn if Casey didn't get better, she'd say with Sandy, her adoptive father.

"I also stay with my Maw Maw when Mom is feeling bad," Erica wrote. "My Mom said she would help me find my birth father. I don't want but one mom and Casey is my Mom and the only one I want. I love her very much."

Carolyn told Erica that she never wanted her to think of her as "mom" and just wanted to get a chance to know her.

"U [sic] also have other brothers and sister to [sic]," Carolyn responded. "Is that [sic] any way u can give me chance and get to know me."

The Parsons told investigators and WBTV that Erica went to live with her biological grandmother in November 2011 and the last conversation they had with her was a phone call on February 2012.

During that time there was numerous messages sent from Carolyn to Casey. The messages were unreturned.

Nearly a year later, Casey finally responded to a message.

"Carolyn, Erica is doing perfect. Don't know why all these rumors are floating around about where she is. Sandy and I still have custody of Erica and she is our daughter," Casey wrote on February 2013, a year after she told investigators she last spoke to Erica. "We are, as parents, can allow our children to spend the night or even week with anyone who we see fit. Erica is still OUR daughter."

Casey told Carolyn that she hasn't sent her any new pictures or updates because Erica asked her not to.

"I'm not going to be mean. I have never hated you and I never will," Casey Parsons wrote."You have been through a lot in you life.  I talk with Erica and try to explain this so she will start to accept you. Just today I said something to her. It takes time. Please don't worry about her."

She then says the three of them could probably meet again soon, saying she thought Erica would agree to it.

"Everything you did for her was done out of love," Casey wrote."One day Erica will see this!! She's a teenager and you know what that is like."

There are several similar conversations over the next few months, including one in which Casey tells Carolyn that they recently had a family portrait made at "Young's Studio" in Locust. She says when the pictures were ready, she would send a copy to Carolyn.

In their final conversation in March 2013, Casey told Carolyn that it might be a while before she writes again because she's rarely on the computer.

She says Brook, another daughter of the Parsons, and Erica were going to Asheville for the weekend. She told Carolyn that Erica was getting tutoring in math from a family friend.

She talked about Erica getting her driver's permit and mentioned that they would have to get special pedal extensions for her, because of her height, before she could drive.

Casey told Carolyn that someone had hacked her Facebook account and had been sending out weird messages.

Anyone with information on Erica's whereabouts is encourage to call the Rowan County Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700. 

www.projectjason.org

#8 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

http://www.missingki...earchLang=en_US

Endangered Missing

ERICA PARSONS

Age at time of disappearance: 14
Missing:  Nov 1, 2011
Missing From:
SALISBURY
NC
United States
Sex:  Female
Race:  White
Hair:  Brown
Eyes:  Brown
Height:  4'5" (135cm)
Weight:  85lbs (39kg)
NCMC1220601c1.jpg

NCMC1220601e1.jpg
Age Progressed

Erica's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. She was last seen on November 1, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Rowan County Sheriff's Office (North Carolina) 1-704-216-8700

www.projectjason.org

#9 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

http://www.keyetv.co...ml#.UjT6ecakrHY

National News Police: Foul play suspected in missing girl case

September 14, 2013 13:49 GMT
MITCH WEISS
Associated Press

SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) -- For weeks, posters and leaflets with Erica Lynn Parsons' face have been distributed in the central North Carolina community of Salisbury and beyond.

At candlelight vigils, organizers have begged anyone with information about the 15-year-old girl's whereabouts to come forward.

But no one in the community knows for sure how long Erica has been missing. When her 20-year-old brother first went to police on July 30, he said she actually had disappeared a year and a half before that. Investigators say Erica's adoptive parents have been uncooperative about her disappearance and they have started to uncover disturbing signs of possible foul play.

www.projectjason.org

#10 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

http://www.heraldext...f20bd05e24.html

Police: Foul play suspected in missing N.C. girl case
09/15/2013  •  Associated Press

SALISBURY, N.C. -- For weeks, Erica Lynn Parsons' brown eyes and smiling face have gazed out upon residents of this central North Carolina community from posters, leaflets and billboards.

In one photo, she appears as a young elementary school-aged child and in another, thanks to age-progressing computer technology, as a 15-year-old.

No one is sure exactly how long Erica has been missing. When her 20-year-old brother reported her disappearance on July 30, he said she actually had gone missing a year and a half before that.

Concerned residents have held candlelight vigils during which they have begged anyone with information about her whereabouts to come forward.

"We're hoping for the best," said Alan Carpenter, a Salisbury resident who lives near Erica's family and attended a recent vigil at the Rowan County Courthouse. "But we just don't know. There are just too many unanswered questions."

For their part, law enforcement authorities are starting to think Erica won't be found -- at least not alive.

Investigators with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office say Erica's adoptive parents have been uncooperative and that they have uncovered disturbing signs of foul play. No charges have been filed, however.

Erica was adopted in 2000, when she was just 2 years old, by her uncle and aunt, Sandy and Casey Parsons. The Parsonses say they haven't seen Erica since late 2011, when they say she moved to Asheville, N.C., to live with a woman they believed was her biological grandmother.

But police say they've been unable to locate the grandmother. Casey and Sandy Parsons "were unable to provide any known locations" or contact information, officers wrote in one of two affidavits seeking warrants to search the Parsonses' house and a shed on property owned by Sandy Parsons' father.

Law enforcement officials have declined to discuss details of the investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is assisting the sheriff's office.

The Parsonses recently moved from their Salisbury home about 40 miles north of Charlotte to the Fayetteville area to escape news media attention. Their attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, told The Associated Press his clients had nothing to do with Erica's disappearance.

"They want her back home," he said.

The search warrant affidavits filed by police paint a picture of a young girl isolated from the outside world who may have been mentally and physically abused by her parents.

"Family members stated that Erica always seemed to be 'grounded' and never allowed to interact with the family," once being beaten so hard with a toy gun that it broke into pieces, a sheriff's office investigator wrote.

Witnesses told police that Casey Parsons, 38, and Sandy Parsons, 39, physically abused Erica, who "consistently had bruises and bumps on her arms and legs," the investigator wrote.

Sherrill, the family's attorney, said social workers investigated reports of child abuse in the Parsonses' home on four different occasions in recent years.

"But none of them were substantiated as far as beating the kids or abuse," he said.

From the beginning, Erica -- whom witnesses and Sherrill described as a shy, quiet girl -- was surrounded by people who didn't seem to want her.

Just two weeks after she was born on Feb. 24, 1998, her biological mother, Carolyn Parsons, who was married to Sandy Parsons' brother, told her in-laws she couldn't take care of her baby.

The Parsonses, who had three children of their own, agreed to take Erica, and later adopted her.

But when Erica was 6, they sent her to live with another family member, an investigator said in the affidavit for the search warrant. That family member, who was not identified, said Casey told her she beat the girl because she "couldn't stand to look at Erica."

Eight months later, Sandy and Casey Parsons took Erica back because they were afraid they'd lose the state money they were receiving to help with the child's learning disability and hearing problems, the investigator wrote.

Witnesses not related to the family said it was dysfunctional, mainly due to problems the parents were having with James, the same son who later reported Erica's disappearance.

According to Sherrill, Casey Parsons battled gastrointestinal issues for years after botched gastric-bypass surgery. By 2011, she was very sick, and James "took out his aggression on his mother," the attorney said.

James was charged with assaulting his mother and a sibling, and animal cruelty, Sherrill said. It was during this period that Casey Parsons began to wonder what would happen to her children if she died, he said.

In July 2011, the Parsonses re-introduced Erica to her biological mother, but Erica told them she did not want to live with her, Sherrill said.

A few months later, according to the lawyer, Casey and Sandy Parsons said they were contacted by a woman on Facebook who claimed she was Carolyn's mother and Erica's grandmother. She said her name was Irene or "Nan" Goodman, Sherrill said.

"Nan knew all about their family, all about the names of the children," Sherrill said. "Nan tells them that she learned that through Carolyn."

The Parsonses said they arranged a meeting with "Nan" at a fast-food restaurant in September 2011. They let Erica spend a weekend with the supposed grandmother in her Asheville home, and later allowed her to go on a three-week trip with Nan in December 2011, Sherrill said. It was during that trip that Erica called to say she was happy and wanted to live there, he said.

Sherrill said the family agreed because Casey Parsons was still sick and James Parsons was continuing to misbehave.

The Parsons family then lost touch with Erica, but assumed she was safe, Sherrill said. "The phone number they had for Nan didn't work anymore," he said.

In June, Casey and Sandy Parsons kicked James out of the house after he assaulted Casey, Sherrill said.

A month later, James Parsons walked into the sheriff's office to report that his sister had been missing for nearly a year and a half and that his parents had been abusing her for years.

The next day, the Parsonses' two youngest children were removed from the home by the Rowan County Department of Social Services pending an investigation.

The couple told police that Erica was with Nan. They repeated the same story to the local news media and later on a nationally syndicated TV talk show.

But during police questioning, Casey Parsons often referred to Erica in the past tense, an investigator wrote in one of the search warrant affidavits.

"I found these statements to be inconsistent," since the family claims to have left Erica "alive, well, and happy with her biological grandmother," the investigator wrote.

Meanwhile, police pressed ahead with the investigation, but could find no evidence that Irene "Nan" Goodman ever existed.

On Aug. 14, investigators removed more than a dozen items from the family's house, including pieces of wall stained with what appeared to be blood and two knives encased in shrink wrap, according to one of the affidavits.

They also found books and magazine articles about JonBenet Ramsey, a child beauty queen found slain in her Colorado home in 1996; and Susan Smith, a South Carolina woman who killed her two children in 1994. Seized financial records showed that the Parsonses continued collecting money from the state even after Erica disappeared, according to the affidavit.

While the investigation continues, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has erected more than a dozen billboards featuring Erica's picture around the Charlotte area.

"They are all reminders that something bad happened," Carpenter said. "Everyone wants this to end well. All we can do is pray."

www.projectjason.org

#11 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

http://www.wbtv.com/...ope-to-find-her

Adoptive parents of missing teen headed to New Orleans, hope to find answers

Posted: Oct 08, 2013 1:59 PM EDT

Updated: Oct 08, 2013 2:40 PM EDT

By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons are heading out on a trip to the New Orleans area, and they hope it will end with them finding Erica.

Casey Parsons talked to WBTV's Coleen Harry by phone on Tuesday.  Harry was the first reporter to speak with the Parsons after was initially reported missing more than two months ago.  At that time, Parsons reiterated the story she told detectives; that she and her husband Sandy took Erica to meet with a woman named "Nan" at a restaurant in Mooresville in late 2011. 

They said they believed Nan was Erica's maternal grandmother, and they say that ended up being the last they saw or heard of 15 year old Erica.

Erica's adoptive brother reported her missing and told investigators that Casey and Sandy killed the girl and buried her in the back yard of the family home at 218 Miller Chapel Road in Salisbury.

Since then, investigators from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office and the FBI have said they believe foul play was involved in Erica's disappearance. 

An extensive of the house and property at Miller Chapel Road was carried out, as well as the search of a red barn on the land owned by Sandy Parson's father.  In addition, a consent search was carried out at the Parsons former home in Rockwell.

So far, no one has been charged in the case, and there has still been no sign of Erica Parsons, despite national media appeals on Dr. Phil and headline News, as well as a number of billboards placed in the Charlotte area that featured an age enhanced picture of what Erica might look like now at age 15.

"We're just going around to the area where I know that Carolyn lived," Parsons told Harry, referring to Carolyn Parsons, the biological mother of Erica.  "The last little questions that we had in the little interview we had with the FBI, we were under the impression that Carolyn just knows more that she's coming forth with and saying and there's a little bit, of course, Carolyn is the one that led me to Nan, well, led Nan to us, and Nan knew all my information and the one common factor is Carolyn."

In recent weeks Carlyle Sherrill, the attorney for Casey and Sandy, has said that Carolyn Parsons is the "key" to solving this mystery.  Casey Parsons has also repeated those words recently.

"So we, I think there's a lot of answers laying with Carolyn and she's in new Orleans and I am hoping for the best and I'm hoping I go down there and even see Erica.  I'm hoping that we find her and if not find her, that I find this lady that calls herself Nan," Parsons said.

Coleen Harry asked Parsons if she had a chance to speak with Carolyn Parsons when Parsons was in Rowan County for several weeks.

"I didn't talk to her face to face," Casey replied.  "I talked to her like fifty times on the phone, um, right before she come up from New Orleans up here, I talked to her several, several times on the phone, lengthy conversations, where she even admitted she knew Strawberry, she knew Kelly, she has a letter admitting that she knows Nan, so and if she's the one who led Nan to me, so Carolyn has to know who this lady is.  She might not know her by Nan because I think that's a fake name, but Carolyn knows who the lady is and there has to be something there."

Strawberry and Kelly are the names of two other people who Casey says were with Nan when they dropped Erica off at the Mooresville restaurant.

Harry asked Parsons where they would be going to try and find Erica

"She's in the New Orleans area, that's all I can really say," Parsons answered.  "The very first week in August she let me know where she lived and where she works, so I know approximately where everything is at."

Asked if they would be trying to see Carolyn face to face this time, Casey Parsons said that was possible, but then added there was something else.

"And Erica too," Parsons said.  "My whole goal is Erica, I, honest, that would be the best case scenario is I go there and there's  Erica.  That's my hope, it would end everything, it would just make everything just get better.  I mean there is no way that could be go wrong at that point, everything has to be stopped."

"I do not know if they have searched that house, or that area that she's living with her boyfriend at," Parsons added.  "She's living with her boyfriend and his family down there.  I've never met this man because she changes boyfriends all the time so I'm not sure which boyfriend this one is.  The FBI told me and my husband that they haven't, the one working on the case here have not actually went down there, but there is an FBI division that has come and questioned Carolyn.  I don't know if they've come to the house or if Carolyn has come to the division herself and been questioned.  My goal is I want to go to that house, I want to go into that area that Carolyn's at, maybe I can see this lady that  called herself Nan.  Maybe if Carolyn know her, she's somewhere around Carolyn."

Law enforcement has yet to comment on any specific points in the case as it has gone forward.  The most recent press release from the sheriff's office was to say that investigators were working diligently on the case.

Anyone with any information of the disappearance or whereabouts of Erica Parsons is asked to contact the Rowan Sheriff's Office at 704-216-8700.

www.projectjason.org

#12 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

http://www.salisbury...roperties-again

Investigators in missing teen case search Parsons properties again
Shavonne Potts Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:06 a.m.

Local and federal investigators returned Tuesday to the Miller Chapel Road home where missing teen Erica Parsons lived with her adoptive parents until 2011.

This time, they brought dogs and used rods to probe the ground behind the house.

And for the second time in two days, the investigators searched the China Grove property of Erica’s adoptive grandfather, William Parsons.

Erica, 15, hasn’t been seen in Rowan County since November 2011 but was reported missing in July by her adoptive brother, James Parsons.

The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office has been looking into the teenager’s disappearance and has been assisted by the FBI and the North Carolina SBI.

Erica’s adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons have not been charged in her disappearance but have been the subject of a law enforcement investigation.

Investigators have not disclosed details about the searches, but did confirm they searched Monday on property behind William Parsons’ Sutton Road home in China Grove.

William Parsons is Sandy Parsons’ father.

Investigators did not say what they were looking for at the China Grove home on Monday.

“I can tell you the (Rowan County Sheriff’s Office) and the FBI are continuing our investigation to find Erica Parsons and that did involve a visit to William Parsons home yesterday. It is not in the best interest of our active investigation to release any details beyond that at this time,” Sheriff’s Office spokesman Capt. John Sifford wrote in an email.

William Parsons said the search Monday started just after noon. He said investigators asked to search a field behind his home and he gave consent.

He told investigators to “come and do what you want,” he said.

The search lasted about an hour, Parsons said.

“I did not know what they were looking for. I stayed in the house,” he said.

Parsons also said he doesn’t know if investigators found anything.

No search warrants have been filed, according to the Rowan County Clerk of Court’s Office. Because William Parsons gave consent to search his property, a warrant isn’t necessary.

He also gave investigators permission to search at the Miller Chapel Road home, which he also owns. Members of ISRCH, a group of independent search and rescue canine handlers, went to the Miller Chapel Road home Tuesday afternoon and stayed there about an hour.

Investigators used rods to probe the ground and a dog to search where an above-ground pool was once located as well as near a back patio.

This is the first time investigators have searched the Miller Chapel Road home with the aid of search and rescue dogs.

“The use of dogs is one of many investigative tools we are utilizing to find evidence pertaining to the Erica Parsons investigation. No additional details will be released to protect the integrity of an active investigation,” Sifford wrote in an email.

After leaving the Miller Chapel Road home Tuesday, investigators and the search and rescue team returned to William Parsons’ home, where, according to WBTV, several investigators walked in a field near a red storage building authorities searched two months ago.

In August, investigators got a search warrant to enter the storage shed that belonged to Sandy Parsons. They took a hammer, baby teeth, school records and pieces of vacuum equipment.

Sandy and Casey Parsons have said they allowed a then 13-year-old Erica to live with a woman they knew as her biological grandmother, Irene “Nan” Goodman. Investigators and other relatives have said Goodman does not exist.

The Parsonses now contend they were duped into believing Goodman was Erica’s biological grandmother.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Erica Parsons is asked to contact investigators at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office at 704-216-8700 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.

www.projectjason.org

#13 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

http://www.charlotte...E#storylink=cpy

Report reignites questions surrounding Erica Parsons’ disappearance

By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.

Posted: Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013

A report that dogs might have smelled human remains at a site where investigators were searching for clues in Erica Parsons’ disappearance has reignited questions about the missing teen’s fate.

The findings surfaced in a search warrant for a red storage building on Sutton Road in China Grove, according to the Salisbury Post. The property is owned by Erica Parsons’ adoptive grandfather, William Parsons. But Erica’s adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, owned and used the storage building, investigators said in search warrants.

The searches where the dogs detected possible human remains occurred in October and November. The most recent search warrant, which was served Nov. 14, wasn’t returned to the clerk’s office by investigators until Monday.

Erica, 15, was reported missing in July. Investigators have said in search warrants that they suspect foul play, but the court documents unveiled Monday are the first time investigators indicated they believe Erica Parsons might be dead.

On Tuesday, the Rowan Sheriff’s Office reiterated that the case has not been ruled a homicide.

“The focus of our investigation hasn’t changed since the day Erica was reported missing,” spokesman Capt. John Sifford said in a statement. “We are searching for a missing 15-year-old girl.”

Erica has not been seen by anyone outside her family since late 2011, investigators have said. Her older brother told investigators about her disappearance after he was kicked out of the house during an argument with his parents.

During the search on Nov. 14, investigators took one board and a jacket, according to the search warrant, the Salisbury Post reported.

The search for Erica by Rowan County investigators and the FBI has gained international attention, with news crews camping outside the Parsonses’ home and the courthouse in Rowan, about 40 miles northeast of uptown Charlotte.

On Aug. 20 and 21, the Parsonses appeared on the “Dr. Phil” show to assert that they had done nothing wrong.

No one has been charged in the case.

The mystery of Nan

The Parsonses have said throughout the investigation that they are innocent of any wrongdoing. They’ve argued that Erica Parsons went to live with her biological grandmother, a woman they identified as Irene “Nan” Goodman, who they say contacted Casey Parsons on Facebook.

Nan knew all about Erica, the Parsonses said – her biological father’s name, the city she lived in. “She said Erica’s biological mother had given her information to contact us,” Casey Parsons said on Dr. Phil.

In an interview with the Observer this month, Carolyn Parsons, who gave Erica up for adoption when she was a baby, denied talking with the Parsonses about Nan.

“I don’t know Nan,” she said. “I’ve only seen Erica the one time in January (2011). Erica was not in my custody when she went missing. She was in Casey and Sandy’s custody.”

The Parsonses say they last saw Erica when they dropped her off at a McDonald’s in Mooresville to catch a ride to stay with Nan.

They say Nan called back a few months later to say Erica wasn’t coming back. But investigators say they’ve found no evidence that Nan ever existed. Erica’s biological family members say the girl’s grandmother died years ago. And Casey and Sandy Parsons haven’t released any correspondence with the woman.

Still scrutinized

Carlyle Sherrill, the attorney representing Casey and Sandy Parsons, said they continue to get questions about Erica’s disappearance. He does, too.

“I was out at lunch at Panera Bread and I could hear them saying ‘Erica Parsons,’ ” he said. “I had somebody stop me at the courthouse asking if she was dead.”

Sherrill told the Observer his clients are trying to return to a normal life. Their youngest two children were taken away by the Department of Social Services shortly after investigators searched their home on Miller Chapel Road in early August. And Sherrill said the increasing attention, which included candlelight vigils for Erica in front of their home and death threats, factored into their decision to move to Fayetteville, where their oldest son lives.

On Aug. 27, the day they moved, two television news helicopters followed their van up Interstate 85, providing live coverage.

They make the trip to Rowan County every week for a supervised visit with their two youngest children, Sadie and Toby, who are in DSS custody and have been placed with Casey’s mother, Sherrill said.

But investigators still seek them out.

“Casey was in the hospital ... to have a surgical procedure, and she was informed by the hospital security that there were two federal agents there to come up and see her,” Sherrill said.

‘I think about it every day’

When Erica was born in 1998, Carolyn Parsons said, she was unable to take care of her. Carolyn Parsons, who had grown up in foster homes, said she didn’t want her daughter to endure the same thing.

So she gave her up to the Parsonses, her relatives by marriage, who appeared to take a liking to the girl. They legally adopted Erica in Cabarrus County in 2000.

Erica had only intermittent contact with her biological mother. The last time was Jan. 5, 2011, at the What-a-Burger restaurant on Main Street in Mooresville. Erica’s arm was in a splint then, and she didn’t say much, Carolyn Parsons said. Casey Parsons, who did most of the talking that day, said the girl had injured herself while playing.

Carolyn Parsons said she wonders if she missed a sign.

“I didn’t think about it then, but I think about it every day,” she said. “ ... I just want to know where she is.”

www.projectjason.org

#14 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

http://www.wbtv.com/...e-after-dispute

Missing teen Erica Parsons' siblings removed from custodial home

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

Updated: Apr 15, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

By David Whisenant

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - The two youngest children of Sandy and Casey Parsons have been removed from their custodial home and placed in the care of other family members.

Sources close to the situation have told WBTV that the children were removed after problems between adults in the home.

The two children, Sadie and Toby, had been living with an aunt following a judge's ruling, but their maternal grandparents were also living in the home.

WBTV has learned that the Department of Social Services removed the children after an incident over the weekend and they are currently with other family members.

Sandy and Casey Parsons are the adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons.  Erica was reported missing by her adoptive brother in July, but had not been seen since November 2011.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Erica Parsons is asked to contact investigators at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office at 704-216-8700 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.  A reward of $25,000 is available.

Casey and Sandy Parsons have been having regular, supervised visits with their two youngest children.  The children were taken from their home when the investigation into Erica's disappearance began. 

A scheduled custody review which was to have taken place last week was called off due to a health issue involving Casey Parsons.

www.projectjason.org

#15 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

http://www.salisbury...in-parsons-case

Two Salisbury women, Georgia woman create online petition ask Gov. McCrory to get involved in Parsons case

Shavonne Potts Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:26 a.m.

It’s been months since local law enforcement upped a reward for information into the disappearance of Rowan County teenager Erica Lynn Parsons, whose been missing since November 2011. Two local women and a Georgia-based BlogTalkRadio host hope an online petition will draw renewed interest in the case.

The women — Wanda Rogers and Beth Cribb, both of Salisbury, and Cathy Rhodes of Georgia — created the petition via change.org asking Gov. Pat McCrory to get involved and are pushing for “action on this case.”

Erica, who turned 16 in February, was reported missing nearly a year ago by her adoptive brother, James “Jamie” Parsons. Her adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, have said they allowed a then 13-year-old Erica live with a woman they claim was her biological grandmother, Irene “Nan” Goodman in Asheville. Law enforcement, Erica’s birth mother, Carolyn Parsons, and other family have said Nan doesn’t exist.

Casey and Sandy Parsons have denied any involvement in Erica’s disappearance and have said they believe they were duped by the woman claiming to be Goodman. No arrests have been made and no information has brought law enforcement substantial leads into the young girl’s disappearance.

Cribb and Rogers have been following the story since the beginning. Rogers has watched from her own neighborhood. She doesn’t live far from the Parsonses former Miller Chapel Road home. She watched helicopters, law enforcement, media and onlookers at and near the property. She has also watched the interest wane and wants to remind people, “Erica deserves to be found. She needs to be brought home, even if she’s not alive, she deserves a proper burial, a service.” Rogers said the community needs closure and justice for the teen.

Cribb moved to Salisbury just six months before Erica was reported missing saying “she just tugged at my heart.”

Cribb said it’s time to “stop and do something worth doing.”

She and Rogers contacted Rhodes and that progressed to a Facebook group page and as recently as Tuesday night, a petition. The women reached 100 signatures Wednesday afternoon and are well on their way to the 200 and beyond they are seeking.

Rhodes is a facilitates an online true crime forum, On the Docket, Off the Record, and is host to her own online radio broadcast on BlogTalkRadio. She began the forum as a place to enable others to discuss current or past missing children and adult cases.

“We care about missing children. We have fallen in love with Erica and we feel she needs to be back home. If something has happened to Erica, justice needs to be served,” Rhodes said.

She said the women decided to stand up for Erica and that’s why they created the Facebook page “Concerned Citizens for Erica Parsons.”

“We don’t want her shoved in a cold case file,” Rhodes said.

The women plan to keep Erica’s name in the public spotlight until she’s home or there is a resolution to the case and will continue to be a “voice for other missing children.”

For more information about the group, search Facebook under Concerned Citizens for Erica Parsons and to sign up for the petition visit www.change.org and search for Gov. Patrick McCrory: Help us Bring Erica Parsons Home.

www.projectjason.org

#16 Deborah

Deborah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 808 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Erica is still missing, 3 years and someone has the answers.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Erica is asked to contact investigators at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office at 704-216-8700 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.

Deborah Cox, Volunteer
Case Verification
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectja.../awareness.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users