Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Age Progressed

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: February 4, 2001 from Chesterfield, New Hampshire
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 15, 1985
Height and Weight: 5'2, 120 pounds (some agencies may list her height and weight as 5'7 and 135 pounds).
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Bethany has a U-shaped scar on her forehead. She wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance
Bethany and her mother, Tina Sinclair, resided with Tina's boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman, on Mountain Road in Chesterfield, New Hampshire. Bowman, who goes by his middle name Van, told authorities that he and Tina had an argument on February 4, 2001. He claimed that he left the house and returned later in the day. Bowman said that Tina and Bethany were not at home when he returned. Bowman stated that all of their clothes were missing, but the remainder of their personal belongings, including Tina's fifteen-year-old cat and her vehicle, were still at the residence. Bethany may have been wearing a crucifix pendant necklace at the time of her disappearance. She and Tina have never been heard from again. They were not reported missing until February 10, six days after their disappearance.

An unidentified woman called Keene High School on February 5, the day after the Sinclairs disappeared, to report Bethany was ill and would not be attending classes. Authorities are uncertain of the caller's identity. Tina and Bowman's relationship was troubled at the time. Tina's sister said that she was concerned for Bethany's safety because Bowman has a record as a sex offender (he served two years for molesting a relative in the 1990s after Tina and Bethany vanised), and wanted Bethany to live with her in Connecticut. She and Tina had an argument in October 2000 regarding the situation and had not spoken since that time. According to her sister, Tina said that she would get herself out of the relationship with Bowman.

Tina's sister said that she believed Tina was preparing to leave Bowman, but she doesn't think Tina left of her own accord with Bethany in February 2001. The Sinclairs have not contacted any of their loved ones. There has not been any activity on Tina's bank account, cellular phone, or credit cards since her disappearance. There has also been no activity on Tina's and Bethany's social security numbers. Bowman's home bordered the Connecticut River, but an extensive search of the area produced no clues as to Tina and Bethany's whereabouts. Authorities suspect that foul play was involved in their cases. There have been no arrests related to the Sinclairs' disappearances. Bowman has reportedly refused to cooperate with investigators. He has not been named as a suspect but is being called a "person of interest." Tina and Bethany's cases remain unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
New Hampshire State Police
603-271-3636
OR
603-358-3333

Print a poster: http://www.projectja...inaSinclair.pdf

#2 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:55 AM

Posted Image
Tina Sinclair

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 4, 2001 from Chesterfield, New Hampshire

Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 29, 1966

Height and Weight: 5'2, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, green eyes. Tina has a surgical scar extending downward from her navel. She has a butterfly tattooed on her right ankle. Her former married name is Mayotte.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Read our blog about missing persons:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#3 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

POSTED BY Leneonme48, 5/19/05

Hello, and thank you for placing Tina and Bethany Sinclair (mom and daughter) on your website.

We, the family and friends of Tina and Bethany, have started a new website releasing alleged facts (we have to say that) that have not been disclosed until now.

The girls have been missing for four years from West Chesterfield, NH.

The POI, Eugene Van Bowman, that the girls lived with actually served his time from the spring of 2001 until the fall of 2003, around 2 1/2 years and is back living in the same house as when the girls were there.

Also, Tina was aware that the POI was about to go to trial for a sexual molestation of a minor, just before their disappearances and was supposed to allegedly be called into court herself. *I noticed in your post above, it was kind of sketchy as to when that took place. Also, the offense was against his own, minor relative.

We invite you to please visit our site.

Our purpose is to bring new light to this fast-growing cold case.

We are, obviously, in search of the girl's remains, at this point, and need all the help we can get.

And, the most obvious, is that there is a monster on the loose, still that could prey on other women and children.

Thank you,
Leneonme48 (Admin./Owner of StartingwithSinclair.org)
http://p066.ezboard....ingwithsinclair

#4 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

November 29, 2005

Today is Tina's 39th birthday. We here at Project Jason have Tina, Bethany, and their loving family and friends in our thoughts and prayers this day.

#5 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

International Webcast featuring: East Coast Missing children and adults!

Lorne Boulet, James Farrence Jr., Audrey May Herron, Sharon Ivy Jones, Tina & Bethany Sinclair, William Smolinski Jr., Crystal Soles & Patricia Viola

Saturday Jan 14, 2005
8-10 PM PST
"GINA for Missing Persons"
LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBCAST CONCERT
Featuring: Kelly Fitzgerald (Salem, MA, native)
& Jannel Rap the C Street Band
http://www.kellyfitzgerald.net 

Kulak's Woodshed
5230 1/2 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA
818-766-9913
To view click on link below
http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/

Join us and DO SOMETHING about it. If you can't make it to Hollywood you can do something about it anyway; by forwarding and watching! See you one way or another Saturday Night!

When singer/songwriter, Jannel Rap's sister (http://www.jannelrap.com), Gina Bos, disappeared Oct 17, 2000 she had no idea that this would be a pivitol life changing moment. Gina's story had no scandal, no suspects and lacked the hook and intrigue to get the attention of the national public. Gina Bos had simply vanished after performing at a pub in Lincoln, NE. Six months of slamming doors woke Jannel up in the middle of the night to do what she already does. The concept of using entertainment to get attention for the missing was born. Since Oct 2001, 150 concerts nationwide, 2 nonprofit organizations (http://www.411Gina.org, http://www.411Warrior.org, a TV show called "America Lost and FOUND" and now a monthly international webcast featuring east coast missing.

FEATURED ARTIST & Salem, MA native, Kelly Fitzgerald, just released her first solo CD "So Far." Kelly has shared the stage with such artists as Shelby Lynne, Nancy Griffith, Cheap Trick, Eddie Money, Vonda Shepard, the Gin Blossoms and more...

Thanks for your attention!
Jannel Rap

http://www.411Gina.org
http://www.411Warrior.org
http://www.AmericaLostandFOUND.org

#6 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

XX
http://www.reformer.....228181,00.html
Article Published: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 2:15:20 AM EST

Still waiting...

Five year anniversary of Sinclairs' disappearance marked this week

By BOB AUDETTE
Reformer Staff

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. -- Friday was the fifth anniversary of a mystery that has haunted a local family and perplexed law enforcement agencies in the Granite State.

On Feb. 2, 2001, Tina Sinclair, 35, and her daughter, Bethany, 15, disappeared from their home in West Chesterfield, N.H., and have not been seen since.

Bethany was a student in Keene at the time of her disappearance. She would've graduated in 2004.

Read more at link above.

#7 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:57 AM

http://www.boston.co...woman_daughter/

Police resume search for missing woman, daughter
April 28, 2006

CHESTERFIELD, N.H. --Police resumed their search today for a Chesterfield (New Hampshire) woman and her daughter, who have been missing for five years.

Tina Sinclair and her 15-year-old daughter, Bethany, disappeared in February 2001 from the West Chesterfield home of Tina Sinclairs then-boyfriend Eugene Van Bowman. They had been living there.

Searchers with dogs are in woods today in West Chesterfield, an area that has been searched before.

State police say today's search was prompted by a tip from Canine Alert Search Team of Keene.

#8 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:57 AM

Family and friends have a new website for Tina and Bethany:

http://missingtinaandbeth.org/

Project Jason does not encourage the use of psychics in missing person's cases. Please see this link for more information:
http://voice4themiss...ychics-and.html

#9 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:58 AM

XX
http://www.reformer.com/Letters

Letter to the editor:

"Phony psychics should be exposed

Editor of the Reformer:

Nearly three years ago, the Reformer ran two front-page stories about self-proclaimed "psychic investigator" Carla Baron and her involvement with the case of two missing local women, Tina and Bethany Sinclair. Both stories were very positive and uncritical toward Ms. Baron; the only skeptical comment in either piece was a short quote from a local law officer, who said in effect that his department doesn't place much credibility in psychics.

I'm now curious as to whether the Reformer might consider publishing a followup article, updating the public about what help, if any, Ms. Baron's "evidence" has provided in solving the Sinclair case. I realize that an article along the lines of "Psychic fails again" may possess the dog-bites-man quality that newspapers usually try to avoid.

Read more at link above.

#10 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:58 AM

Expert joins effort to solve six-year mystery

November 30, 2006

By STEPHEN SEITZ Herald Staff

KEENE, N.H. — For one Brattleboro, family, the question still echoes: Where are they? Where are Tina and Bethany Sinclair?

Missing persons expert Gil Alba hopes he can help answer that question. He is donating his time to help investigate the disappearance of the mother and daughter, who have been missing for nearly six years.

Alba has years of police and FBI experience and runs Alba Investigations, based in the New York metropolitan area. He consults with law enforcement agencies, private clients and news organizations.

"We are not getting paid for this," Alba said at a news conference here on Wednesday. "What I'm after is closure."

Mary Lewis, Tina Sinclair's mother, said she is certain that her daughter and granddaughter have been murdered. Wednesday would have been Tina Sinclair's 40th birthday.

"I still light candles for them," Lewis said.

The Sinclairs were living across the Connecticut River from Brattleboro, in West Chesterfield, N.H., at the time of their disappearance. They lived with Tina's boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman, now 48. The relationship was a volatile one, police say.

The last known contact with either woman was late at night on Feb. 3, 2001, when Bethany was talking on the phone with her boyfriend.

After that, nothing. No phone calls or letters, no e-mails or financial transactions. Police found Tina's car, a cat, and clothing and other possessions belonging to the women.

It took several days for them to be reported missing. Tina failed to show up for work in Brattleboro; Bethany had missed classes at Keene High School.

Bowman told police he and Tina had a bad argument and that she cleared out.

"They didn't take off," Alba said. "We feel that they've been murdered."
Error

#11 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

We are so glad to see that the family has sought true assistance (as opposed to the false "help" from psychics) to uncover the mystery of what happened to Tina and Bethany. I have met Mr. Alba and feel he is very good at what he does.

#12 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,413 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

From the Family:

Search planned for Missing Mother & Daughter in NH
Please join us!

Search for Tina and Bethany Sinclair
WHEN: SATURDAY & SUNDAY, OCT 27, 28 2007
TIME: 9:00 am
WHERE: The end of Mountain Rd in West Chesterfield NH

There will be a community-wide search which will meet at the end of Mountain road in West Chesterfield, NH at 9am on OCT 27 & 28 2007, where we will search several areas, land, water, parks and properties. We will have professional search teams, missing person organizations, investigators, dive teams, and equipment.

*We can use all the volunteers we can get. Please come even just to show your support!
Food and beverages will be provided. Cell phones and walkies will be available for search team leads.
If planning to assist in the search, PLEASE wear appropriate attire.

Kelly Murphy, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#13 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • LocationMetropolitan St. Louis

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

Tina and Bethany have now been missing for 7 years.  Our thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones.

#14 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,413 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

XX
http://www.reformer.com/ci_8715941

State, local police search former residence of Sinclairs

Staff reports
Thursday, March 27

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. - State and local police searched the site of a house here Thursday that was once the residence of Tina and Bethany Sinclair, who both disappeared in 2001.

The home on Mountain Road was being demolished by Tyler Excavation of Vernon on Thursday morning. It had been the residence of the Sinclairs.

Police say Eugene Van Bowman Jr., the live-in boyfriend of Tina Sinclair, was the last person known to have seen Sinclair, 35, and her daughter, Bethany, 15, alive on Feb. 3, 2001, the day they disappeared from their West Chesterfield home.

Read more at link above.

President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

#15 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,413 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

http://www.unionlead...11-039ffeeaeec6

2002: Not a trace of missing mom, teen

By STEPHEN SEITZ
Union Leader Correspondent
13 hours, 26 minutes ago

Chesterfield – A sad anniversary is about to pass for the family and friends of Tina Sinclair.

Tina , 36, with her daughter Bethany, 16, have neither been seen nor heard from since February 4, 2001.

"I hope if they're alive, then they'll come back," said Mary Lewis, Tina 's mother. "But I feel that somebody did take their lives. If they're dead, they didn't deserve to die."

The case is being investigated by the Attorney General's office, under the direction of Assistant Attorney General Simon Brown.

"Officially, it's a missing persons case," said Brown, "but we're realistic about the circumstances. These two women disappeared without a trace. We're investigating it as a homicide, in case of that contingency."

The investigation has been centering around Eugene Van Bowman, 43, a former supervisor at the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant. At the time of the disappearance, Bowman was Tina Sinclair's boyfriend. They lived in his house on Mountain Road in West Chesterfield, which has a back yard directly on the Connecticut River.

The relationship was known to be a stormy one; Bowman told Chesterfield police at the time that he walked out on a fight with Tina on Feb. 4. When he returned, according to police, Tina , Bethany, and their clothes were gone. Left behind were Tina 's car and cat, and their possessions.

"The last time I spoke with her was about five months before she disappeared," said Tina 's sister, Sharon Garry. "We had an argument about Van. He had charges filed against him for child molestation, and I was concerned about Bethany's welfare. I wanted Bethany to stay with me in Connecticut. The relationship was unhealthy. He's unhealthy. But she said she got herself into it, and she could get herself out."

Bowman is currently serving a 2 to 15 year sentence in New Hampshire State Prison on the unrelated charge of sexually molesting a relative about 10 years ago. He has not been officially named as a suspect in this case.

"He's been taking the Fifth Amendment all through this," Lewis said.

The following Monday, February 5, 2001, an unknown woman called Keene High School to say that Bethany, who was a freshman at the time, would be out sick. Except for that phone call, not a word has been heard from either woman since.

"Whenever I call the school, I say who I am right away," Garry said. "She didn't. I don't think it was Tina."

Investigating agencies report that there has been no activity on Tina Sinclair's credit cards or telephone since she disappeared.

It was not like Tina to stay out of touch for long, Garry added.

"At first, I thought she had gotten away from him," Garry said. "But her car was still there, and her 15-year-old cat, she never went anywhere without him. There was money in her mail, and Tina would never leave money. I think she was planning to leave. But if I was ever going to see her again, I'd have seen her by now."

Tina's former husband, Jesse Mayotte, said he's had very little new information since the disappearance. He and Tina separated in 1999; he now lives in Lafayette, Ind.

"I've been pretty much in the dark, but it's hard to get information from 1,500 miles away," he said. "But I'm coming back to New England in March. I may still be legally married to her, and I'm coming back to figure that out."

Brown said the case is still open and being actively investigated.

"We still don't have an answer, but that's not for lack of effort on the part of state police," Brown said. "We are determined to solve it."

"The police have been wonderful," Lewis said. "Quite often, they'll sit down and talk. I have no complaints, and I'm satisfied that the investigation is continuing.

Both Brown and Lewis urge the public to come forward with any information that might be of help.

"We investigate every lead," said Brown.

"If anybody out there knows where they are, please come forward," Lewis said.

Tina Sinclair is 5'2", weighing 120 pounds with blonde hair and green eyes. She was born on Nov. 29, 1966, and has a butterfly tattoo on her right ankle

Bethany Sinclair was born on Oct. 15, 1985. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Some descriptions say that Bethany's height and weight are the same as Tina 's, but Garry said Bethany is 5'7" and weighs 135 pounds.

Anyone with information on the women's whereabouts is urged to contact New Hampshire State Police at 271-1158, or the Troop C barracks at 358-3333.

President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

#16 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

http://www.unionlead...df-53c2081c9020

Police return to home of missing mom, daughter

Chesterfield – The Brattleboro Reformer reports today that law enforcement authorities have again searched the home of Tina and Bethany Sinclair, who were last seen in 2001.

The New Hampshire Attorney General's office considers Tina Sinclair's former live-in boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman Jr., "a person of interest" in the missing persons case.

#17 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:26 AM

http://www.wcax.com/...2&nav=menu183_7

New Clues in Missing Mother/Daughter Case?

Chesterfield, New Hampshire - March 28, 2008

New Hampshire State Police plan to release new information Friday, in the suspicious disappearance seven years ago of a mother and daughter.

35-year-old Tina Sinclair, and her 15-year-old daughter Bethany, have not been seen since February 2001 when they left their home in West Chesterfield. Authorities returned to the home on Mountain Road Thursday, and will go back Friday. The home is being torn down.

Eugene van Bowman, Tina's live-in boyfriend, was the last person to see the two alive. He says Tina left following a fight.

The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office says he is a person of interest in the case.

#18 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

http://www.boston.co...d_is_torn_down/

House where missing woman, daughter vanished is torn down

March 28, 2008

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H.—Police aren't saying much about another search this week for a New Hampshire woman and her daughter who vanished seven years ago.

Thursday, the house in West Chesterfield that was the last known home to Tina Sinclair and her daughter, Bethany, was torn down. Also on Thursday, police once again searched the site for clues in the Sinclairs' disappearance.

The attorney general's office would not comment on whether the search involved the house, or the land on which it stood, or whether it happened before the demolition or afterward.

The property has a new owner, who is said to be planning to build a new house on the site.

On February 3, 2001, the Sinclairs vanished from the home, which belonged to Tina Sinclair's then-boyfriend, Eugene Van Bowman. Police say he is a person of interest in the disappearance, but has not been charged.

#19 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

http://www.wcax.com/...?S=7961184,4QcS

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. (AP) - Police aren't saying much about another search this week for a New Hampshire woman and her daughter who vanished seven years ago. Thursday, the house in West Chesterfield that was the last known home to Tina Sinclair and her daughter, Bethany, was torn down. Also on Thursday, police once again searched the site for clues in the Sinclairs' disappearance.

#20 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

XX
http://www.reformer....ines/ci_8727894

Police probe site final time

By NICOLE ORNE, Reformer Staff

Friday, March 28

WEST CHESTERFIELD, N.H. -- The house on Mountain Road where Tina and Bethany Sinclair were last seen alive in 2001 was torn down. Before its demolition, state and local police took one more look for possible evidence into their disappearance.

The new owner of the house communicated with the police about the case and allowed them to come for one last investigation before the house is gone for good. It is being demolished by Tyler Excavation of Vernon.

Read more at link above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick