#1 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

http://www.ksl.com/i...=148&sid=584167

Police Ask For Help Finding Missing Scientist

October 21st, 2006
Piotr Drabik was flying from Canada to Hawaii September first. He had a connecting flight at Salt Lake City International, but never boarded the flight to Honolulu. Drabik's baggage never arrived either.

His family called in a missing persons report to Salt Lake police September 8th.

Maui County Police say his credit card has not been used in weeks. The F-B-I is also helping police.
If you have any information call Salt Lake City Police at  801-799-3000. .

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#2 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

Molokai Island Times

Polish man headed for Molokai missing
from the Maui News

10/13/2006 7:47:24 PM
Posted Image

Piotr Drabik, a scientist who had been living in Canada is considered missing, and his family is asking for help in finding him.

He left Edmonton, Alberta, flying to Salt Lake City, on a trip that would have taken him to Hawaii and to the Cliffs of Moloka'i.

He is described as about 6 feet tall, tanned and muscular with a tattoo of an exotic bird on one shoulder. He has black hair that may be close cropped.

Click on the above link provided to read the news article

#3 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

KPUA.net - KPUA Hawaii News - Police looking for Polish scientist bound for Hawaii

Posted: Monday, October 23rd, 2006 9:16 AM HST

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) _ Authorities are searching for a Polish scientist who was flying through Salt Lake City on his way to Hawaii but never boarded the Utah flight.

Thirty-four-year-old Piotr Drabik was due in Honolulu on September First with plans to climb the cliffs of Molokai.

He had been working in Canada and flew to Salt Lake City from Edmonton, Alberta, on a SkyWest flight. The final leg of the trip was supposed to be aboard Delta Air Lines.

Sergeant Ken Prather of the Maui County police says Drabik never boarded the Delta flight.

Family members reported Drabik missing September Eighth. Police said there is no evidence that his credit card has been used.

Drabik was well known in Gdansk, Poland, as a scientist and author. He is also considered a champion athlete.

#4 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Scientist missing en route to Hawaii

By Debbie Hummel
Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY » Piotr Drabik is described as a gifted scientist, a 34-year-old Pole temporarily working in Canada who enjoys martial arts, mountain climbing and yachting.

So where is he?

On Sept. 1, Drabik was supposed to fly to Salt Lake City, switch planes and travel to Hawaii. Authorities believe he landed here from Edmonton, Alberta, but then the trail turns cold.

The National Institute of Nanotechnology at the University of Alberta expected him back within two weeks. Authorities were told of his disappearance Sept. 26, making it difficult for police to quickly gather airline records.starbulletin.com | News | /2006/10/24/

#5 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:55 AM

Name:  Piotr Drabik

Classification:  Endangered Missing Adult  
Date of Birth:  1972-05-14  
Date Missing:  2006-09-01  
From City/State:  Salt Lake City, UT  
Missing From (Country):  USA  
Age at Time of Disappearance:  34  
Race:  White  
Height:  73 inches  
Weight:  175 pounds  
Hair Color:  Brown  
Hair (Other):  Wears goatee and mustache.  
Complexion:  Light  
Glasses/Contacts Description:  Glasses with oval wire frames.  
Clothing:  Bright green shirt, dark green pants, bright green jacket, carrying a red backpack and hiking sticks.

Circumstances of Disappearance:  Unknown.

Dr. Piotr Drabik resides in Canada and was last seen at the Salt Lake City Airport. Delta Airlines informed law enforcement that Piotr did not board his connecting flight to Honolulu, Hawaii where he planned to spend two weeks there on vacation.

Investigative Agency:  Salt Lake City Airport Police  
Phone:  (801) 575-2470  
Investigative Case #:  06-176441  

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#6 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

ABC 4 - Witness says missing scientist caught flight from Salt Lake City to Hawaii

10/25/2006 12:00:34 AM

New information obtained by the Salt Lake City Airport Police may again switch the focus of the investigation into a missing Polish scientist.

Investigators interviewed a witness who says he saw and talked to 34 year old Piotr Drabik on Delta flight 1825 to Honolulu on September 1. That seems to contradict earlier statements by Delta representatives to investigators in Hawaii and Utah. The airline reps told them Drabik arrived in Salt Lake on a SkyWest flight from his home in Edmonton, Alberta, but failed to make the connection.

Detective Ken Prather of the Maui Police Department says on two occasions he was told by Delta security that Drabik was not on the Honolulu flight. Salt Lake Airport Detectives continue to interview others who were on the plane that day. Airport Spokeswoman Barbara Gann says their investigation is not over. But it does seem that the witness account will give police in Hawaii cause to reopen their missing person case. When he learned of the new information on Tuesday, Detective Prather said, "It makes me sick to my stomach. We lost a month on this (case)."

Drabik was on his way to Hawaii for a two week vacation of scuba diving and mountain trekking. Drabik is an adventurer as well as a reportedly brilliant scientist specializing in nanotechnology. He left his native Poland four years ago to take a post as a visiting fellow at the University of Alberta. He was recently divorced. His wife, Donata, lives in Edmonton with their 4 year old daughter.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Salt Lake Airport Police at 575-2470.

#7 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Ex-wife fearful missing scientist had accident

Last Updated: Thursday, October 26, 2006 | 12:14 PM MT
CBC News

The former wife of a missing Polish scientist who worked in Edmonton says she and his parents believe he may have had some kind of accident while hiking in Hawaii.

Piotr Drabik, a nanotechnology researcher at Edmonton's National Institute for Nanotechnology, left for Hawaii on Sept. 1. While there, he planned to scuba dive, hike through the jungle and visit a volcano, according to friends.

The family of Piotr Drabik, seen in this undated photo, believes he may have had some kind of accident while hiking in Hawaii.
(Canadian Press) Nobody has seen or heard from the 34-year-old — who is also a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Alberta — since.
http://www.cbc.ca/ca...-scientist.html

#8 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

Alberta scientist missing in Hawaii; friends say they fear the worst - Yahoo! Canada News

Wed Oct 25, 7:03 PM

EDMONTON (CP) - Friends of a noted young Univeristy of Alberta scientist say they fear he may be injured or dead after failing to return from a trip to Hawaii last month.

Piotr Drabik, a nanotechnology researcher, left for an adventure-filled holiday Sept. 1, planning to scuba dive, hike through the jungle and visit a volcano, according to friends.

Pawel Brzeminski, who'd hiked with Drabik several times in the Rocky Mountains west of Edmonton, says he waited until Sept. 15 - four days after his friend was supposed to return before - he went to police to file a missing person's report.

He says he's been told by investigators that someone on the flight to Honolulu identified Drabik, so it appears he arrived in Hawaii.

Brzeminski says he's frustrated that more is not being done to find his missing friend.

Click on the link provided above to read the complete news article.

#9 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

KPUA.net - KPUA Hawaii News - Woman tells police missing scientist was on Hawaii flight

October 26th,

Woman tells police missing scientist was on Hawaii flight .
By Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) _ Investigators are wondering if a Polish scientist who has been missing for nearly two months really did fly to Hawaii.

A woman now claims she sat next to Piotr Drabik on a Delta Air Lines flight from Utah.

The 34-year-old was supposed to fly to Salt Lake City from Edmonton, Alberta, and then on to Honolulu on September First.

Authorities have said there's no evidence he made the connecting flight. But a passenger claims she saw Drabik.

Maui County police detective Ken Prather says the woman didn't talk to Drabik, but she remembers him being there.

#10 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Missing Polish scientist may be on Kaua'i

by THE GARDEN ISLAND
Posted: Friday, Oct 27, 2006 - 11:56:04 pm HST

Officials with the Honolulu and Kaua'i police departments are asking for the public's help with finding a Polish visitor.

According to the police, Piotr Drabik, a visiting fellow at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, was dropped off by a friend at an airport in Edmonton, Canada on Sept. 1. He told his friend that he would be catching a Delta Airlines flight to Hawaii and planned to go hiking in the mountains and visit a volcano. He also said that he intended to return to Canada on Sept. 8. http://www.kauaiworl...news/news02.txt

#11 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

Kauai Garden Island News

Father of missing scientist continues search

Josef Drabik arrived in Lihue yesterday, exhausted by a long trip from Poland, and went straight to the Kaua'i Police Department, where he visited the detective charged with finding his missing 34-year-old son, Piotr.

The 70-year-old man carried a small backpack, an English-Polish dictionary and files containing a still photograph taken from surveillance video footage at the Aloha Airlines checkpoint in Honolulu on Sept. 1st the last known image of his son.

Piotr, an adventurer and scientist who worked at the National Institute of Nanotechnology at the University of Alberta in Canada, traveled to Kaua'i with a backpack and trekking poles, said Sergeant Ken Prather of the Maui Police Department. Prather investigated the case when friends said Piotr may have traveled to Moloka'i.

Piotr, a scuba diver, mountaineer and climber, told no one the specific plans of his trip to Hawaii and never used his credit cards, Prather said.

"He loves mountains, challenge," Drabik said of his son. "Alone, without friends, nobody."

Drabik carries documents tracing the path of the missing persons investigation as it traveled with airline records from Maui to Salt Lake City to Honolulu and then Kaua'i.

He pulled from the pile a piece of paper with this message: "The father of lost Piotr Drabik is now on Kaua'i. He did fly specially from Poland. He is 70 years old. He begs everyone to help look for mark, track (of) his son."

Drabik said he believes Piotr hiked into Waimea Canyon. He carries land coordinates given to him by a spiritual man who had a vision with a waterfall, he said, and he wishes to concentrate his search there.

Kaua'i resident Charlie Cobb-Adams, who runs Native Hawaiian Conservation and Hiking Expeditions, said he will conduct a search of the area despite difficult terrain.

Police officials investigating the case need new information before they can proceed, said Eric Shibuya, the detective assigned to the case.

"The investigation is suspended," he said. "We don't have any more leads to follow. We don't know exactly where he would have gone on the island so we couldn't input a starting place."

The search of the area designated on Drabik's map cannot be endorsed by the county, Shibuya said, because the treacherous environment would put searchers at risk.

"There are areas up there where you can be standing on heavy brush, and you'll fall through into a pocket," he said. "It's not upkept by the state. It's more hunting trails."

The case has not been closed, he said.

#12 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Missing hiker's father clings to hope on trip to Kaua'i sites - The Honolulu Advertiser

Missing hiker's father clings to hope on trip to Kaua'i sites

The father of a Canadian scientist who went missing more than four months ago during a hiking trip on Kaua'i toured the island for the first time this weekend seeking clues about his son's disappearance.

Jozef Drabik, of Poland, arrived on Kaua'i on Friday and is expected to stay through Sunday night. On Sunday, he will hike a portion of a trail in Koke'e, where he suspects his son got into trouble.

Piotr Drabik, 34, went missing in September after flying to Hawai'i for a hiking vacation. He hiked alone, so family members have had difficulty retracing the man's steps after he got to the Islands.

Initially, there were doubts Drabik ever made it to Hawai'i.

But police told the Drabik family recently that the hiker did indeed purchase a one-way ticket to Kaua'i from Honolulu on Sept. 4.

And airport security cameras show that Drabik did make it to Kaua'i.

#13 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Polish Man Missing In Hawaii

Sun Jan 28, 9:36 AM ET

A Polish family is searching for information about a man who has been missing for months.

Without any real clues to Piotr Drabik's whereabouts, however, no one really knows where to begin the search.

KITV's Catherine Cruz reported that Josef Drabik, 70, who speaks little English, traveled from Poland to help search for his son, who has been missing since September.

With help from an interpreter, he is appealing to the public for help.

Piotr Drawbik, or Peter as he is also known, is a university scientist who lived in Canada and was in Hawaii for a two week vacation. When he did not return to Edmond, Canada on Sept. 12, his friends became concerned.

But miscommunication delayed a search in Hawaii.

Josef Drabik sought help from a psychic in Poland who told him that his son got lost in Kokee and that he may have fallen off a cliff and into the water.

Josef spoke to Kauai police Saturday who need fresh leads to know where to focus their efforts.

"They really don't know what to do or where to start the search because they don't know if the psychic is right -- or whoever is right, and so they don't know what to do," said Josef's interpreter Irina Taylor.

Piot Drawbik is 35 years old. He is just over 6 feet tall and weighs about 175 pounds. He has brown hair and a tattoo on his left arm.

Friends said he may have a red backpack and hiking sticks.
Polish Man Missing In Hawaii - Yahoo! News

#14 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • LocationMetropolitan St. Louis

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Mr. Drabik has now been missing for 2 years.  Our thoughts and prayers are with his family for his safe return.

#15 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,189 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

http://www.khnl.com/...y.asp?s=9134951
Mother continues search for son who vanishes while hiking on Kauai
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 11:33 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 6, 2008 11:59 PM EDT
By Cindy Cha

NA PALI COAST, Kauai (KHNL) - Three years ago, a young man from Ohio vanished without a trace on on the North Shore of Kauai. His mother began an endless search, only to find out he isn't the only one missing.

According to family, 24-year-old Daniel Marks is an avid hiker.  They say he goes away on camping trips often and always came back when he said he would.

But this time, he never returned.

Kauai is known for its breathtaking views of the Na Pali Coast. Many come to explore the lush valleys here.

That's what drew Daniel Marks in November 2005.

But when he failed to return, his mother, Patricia Marks knew something was wrong.

"Daniel travels a lot, he's also a very organized, very dependable young man and so since he didn't call me to say he wasn't coming home, I, right away, was quite concerned," said Patricia.

Patricia hired a team of professionals to search for Daniel.  Friends and family flew to the island to help pass out fliers. All their efforts came up empty.

But while searching for her son, Patricia uncovered something else, other men who went missing on Kauai: 22-year-old Jesse Pinegar of Utah, 28-year-old Bradford Turek of Ohio and 34-year-old Piotr Drabik from Canada.

Although there are no apparent connections between the men, and no speculation they all vanished while on the Kalalau Trail, Patricia says there are some similarities.

"They're all physically fit, very well educated.  All of them are caucasian, they're all very much interested in the environment and in nature."

But how can they just vanish? Patricia has a theory.

"I wanted to explore if there's some way to find out how the young men all decided to go to the island just in the event that they were lured to the island somehow."

Daniel's disappearance remains a mystery but for now, Patricia vows to continue what she started, that fateful day three years ago.

"Mostly I spend my time looking for Daniel and praying for him."

Kauai police say they did everything they could to find the missing men, including extensive aerial and ground searches. They say they have no reasons to believe foul play is involved. For now the men are classified as missing persons cases.

Lori Davis, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearc...harityid=857029

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

#16 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,189 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

https://www.findthem...rg/cases/130/0/
NamUs profile for Piotr Drabik - Case 130

Lori Davis, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

#17 Jenn

Jenn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 5,706 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Charley Project Profile for Piotr: http://www.charleypr...abik_piotr.html

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jennifer, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org

Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectja...awareness.shtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick