Missing Man: John Patrick Rowan - FL - 02/23/2001

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at (904) 630-2640
Name:  John Patrick Rowan

Classification:  Endangered Missing Adult 
Date of Birth:  1966-08-25 
Date Missing:  2001-02-23 
From City/State:  Jacksonville, FL 
Age at Time of Disappearance:  34 
Race:  White 
Height:  71 inches 
Weight:  220 pounds 
Hair Color:  Brown 
Eye Color:  Blue 
Complexion:  Light 
Jewelry:  Wedding ring with three diamonds.

Circumstances of Disappearance:  Unknown. John was last seen at approximately 5:00am at his residence in the vicinity of the 4400 block of Chasewood Dr. in Jacksonville, FL. He left to go to work that morning never arrived. His green, 1999 Ford Expedition was located abandoned on March 23, 2001 at an office complex approximately one mile north of the Orlando Airport. John has a medical condition and needs medication.

Investigative Agency:  Jacksonville Sheriff's Office 
Phone:  (904) 630-2640 
Investigative Case #:  01-147171 
NCIC #:  M-711462130

#2 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

http://www.fox30onli...93-DD890C12CEA7

Moms remember missing sons

Last Update: 6/15/2006 8:33:05 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- There are few prouder moments for mothers than when they get to talk about their children. But when you ask Vicki Smith about her son, Joshua, you'll get this answer instead:

"Joshua left on Nov. 4, 2000, we think around 9 p.m., behind a lodge in Ponte Vedra," she says.

Smith was 23 years old when he went missing on the beach. His truck was found, as was his wallet, but the keys to his vehicle were gone. There has never been a trace of him since.

Margaret Rowan can tell you a similar story about her son, John. John Rowan went missing in February of 2001. He was an Irish businessman in Jacksonville who disappeared early in the morning. His car was later located, but there has never been a sign of John.

"John was the hero," his mother says. "And you can call him 'the king of the palace.' He was our bread-winner."

On Friday at 1:30 p.m. outside of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, Smith and Rowan will ask the community to keep their sons' stories alive. They will be joined by Community United Effort (CUE) Centers for Missing Persons. CUE is a traveling group of volunteers from North Carolina whose goal is to keep the stories of missing people publicized across the country.

Their third-annual tour will include a trip to Jacksonville, during which they will focus on the stories of Smith and Rowan, as well as the disappearances of Mark Degner, Bryan Hayes, Yvonne Belcher and Jackie Markham.

Both Smith and Rowan admit that their struggles are particularly hard because they can not find closure until they know exactly what happened to their sons.

"I think it's vitally important for every family to know if their child's alive or their child's died," Vicki says. "And the word closure simply means an answer to me."

"We all know somebody, somewhere knows exactly where our loved ones are and what happened to them," adds Margaret.

If you have any information about John Rowan's disappearance, please call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500.

If you have any information about Joshua Smith's disappearance, please call the St. John's County Sheriff's Office at 904-824-8304.

For more information on the Community United Effort (CUE), log on to www.ncmissingpersons.org. You can also email them at cuecenter@aol.com.

#3 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

http://www.doenetwor...rowan_john.html

Posted Image

John Patrick Rowan, Jr.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 23, 2001 from Jacksonville, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 25, 1966
Height: 5'9"-5'11"
Weight: 205-220 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/Black
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Mustache. Appendectomy
scar and a scar on his chest and abdomen from exploratory
surgery
Medical Conditions: Has a medical condition that requires
medication.
Jewelry: Wedding ring with three diamonds.
NCIC Number: M-711462130
Case Number: 01-147171

Details of Disappearance
John was last seen at his home at 3 a.m. in Jacksonville, Florida, on February 23, 2001. His last cell phone call was made at about 6.30 a.m. - he was involved in the heavy equipment business and also recent co-owner of Murphys Pour House in St. Augustine.

Police found his green 1999 Ford Expedition on March 23, 2001, backed into a space at an office park 1.8 miles north of the Orlando airport, but it had been wiped clean. It was in a parking lot of a company that is not a public area. John came to the US from Ireland whe he was 20, and launched a successful business. Foul play is suspected but so far there is no evidence to suggest what exactly has happened.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
Detective Kerney
(904) 630-2640

Source Information
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
National Center for Missing Adults
Child Protection Education of America, Inc.
Find John.org
WJXX-TV
Jacksonville.com
Missing Irish People

#4 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Name: John Patrick Rowan
Disappeared: While on his way to work on February 23, 2001 (Jacksonville, FL)
Current Age: 38
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 220
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Notify: JSO at 904-630-0500 or Detective McKean at 630-2172

Rowan, who was 34 at the time of his disappearance, left for work on Friday morning, February 23, 2001 and has not been heard from since. Rowan did not show up for work and was supposed to call his sister that morning to wake her up for school, but he never did. Rowan that day had also failed to show up at the airport to pick up his parents. On March 23, 2001 police located Rowan’s Green 1999 Ford Expedition in a parking space at an office park located one mile north of the Orlando Airport. Two girls in Rowan’s neighborhood reported to police that they saw Rowan’s truck leave at the normal time, but could not tell who was driving because of the tinted windows. Foul play has been expected in the disappearance of Rowan, but there has been no physical evidence that Rowan is dead or injured, and his bank accounts and cell phones have not been touched since his disappearance. A $100,000 reward was announced on February 23, 2005 by the Justice Coalition and Rowan Family for any information leading to the safe return of John Rowan.
http://www.justiceco...ing_persons.htm

#5 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

http://www.wjxx.com/...px?storyid=8539

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Since John Rowan's disappearance in February 2001, the Rowan family has plastered the city with posters, prayed with their church and held out hope that John would return home alive.

John Rowan came from Ireland at the age of 20. Within the span of a few years, he built up a multi-million dollar construction company. He then went missing 2 1/2 years ago.

Police have yet to solve the case but do suspect Rowan was killed. His pick-up truck was found in Orlando a short time after he vanished. Since then, there has been no sign of him or what happened.

The Rowan family told First Coast News they received a tip of where his body might be buried. The area being investigated is about 100 yards long, 30 yards wide and about 15 feet deep. Heavy equipment is being used to dig the area.

The Rowan family is trying to rule out this is where John may be buried. It is one of sites John's company was using to dump their building material as a landfill during the time he was missing.

Click on the above link to read the news article.

#6 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

John Rowan's Family Still Looking for Answers

$100,000 Reward For John Rowan -- missing since February 23, 2001

By Jackelyn Barnard

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- John Rowan was 34-years-old. He was a father and husband when he just vanished six long years ago.

"It has been the most painful six years," says Peg Rowan, John's mother.

She has never given up on the quest for answers. Peg once held out hope her son was still alive, but not any more.

"No, I just want to find John's body cause I know I will never see him again. I just want to put him to rest for the sake of his young wife and children."

JSO says it is still actively investigating Rowan's disappearance. Peg believes her son was abducted outside the front door of his home. JSO says it is following up on new information.

With so few answers, the Rowan family sets out to make sure John's disappearance is not forgotten.

The family coordinated with the Justice Coalition the first annual John Rowan Memorial Golf Tournament at Queen's Harbor Yacht Club.

135 golfers came together for the event to raise money for the Justice Coalition. "Without the Justice Coalition, people like me would have nobody to turn to, and you need people like the Justice Coalition to be there," Says Peg.

The group's mission is to help innocent victims of crime and their families. While the tournament is in Rowan's memory, it is not just about Rowan.

"Even though it's got John Rowan's name on it, it's not really just about John Rowan. This is about every missing person here in our First Coast area," says Ann Dugger of the Justice Coalition.
http://www.firstcoas...s&storyid=78110

#7 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Missing Man's Family Holds Golf Fundraiser to Benefit Justice Coalition

Last Update: Mar 19, 2007 10:43 PM

Posted By: Andrea Kendrick

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The family of a missing Jacksonville man had a golf tournament Monday morning to benefit the Justice Coalition.

John Rowan disappeared in February 2001, and since then, his family has worked closely with the Justice Coalition to keep Rowan’s face and story in everyone’s minds.

Margaret Rowan, John Rowan’s mother, decided to have the golf tournament when she found out the Justice Coalition was in need of donations. The tournament at Queens Harbor Yacht and Country Club saw about 120 golfers, who had to pay an entry fee of $250.
Missing Man's Family Holds Golf Fundraiser to Benefit Justice Coalition - FOX30Online.com

#8 Linda

Linda
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

http://www.news4jax....941/detail.html

Reward For Missing Man Increased To $200,000

December 13, 2007

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Over the nearly seven years that John Rowan Jr. has been missing, his family has become convinced that he was killed. In an effort to get the case solved, on Thursday they announced a $200,000 reward for information leading to the capture and conviction of whoever was responsible.

Rowan was 34 when he was last seen on Feb. 23, 2001. Police found his green 1999 Ford Expedition one month later at an office park a mile north of the Orlando airport. Police said it had been wiped clean.

Police said there is no physical evidence that Rowan is injured or dead, although his bank accounts and cell phone were not touched since he disappeared.

Police and the Justice Coalition joined the family Thursday in making the new appeal, hoping that the substantial reward will shake loose some information that will help them close the case.

"$200,000 is lot of money," Jacksonville Sheriff John Rutherford said. "Please come forward and provide the information that you have."

When Rowan first disappeared, his close-knit family blanketed the city with hundreds of thousands of fliers, hired a private investigator and offered a $50,000 reward.

"With the previous reward amount, we had several calls," JSO Detective Rodney McKean said. "With each call we get, we try to run down a conclusion, but we have yet to have anything viable enough to proceed with the case."

Over the years, his family, associates and investigators have come to believe that he was killed, but won't rest until his body is found and someone is held accountable.

"We need to find our son," said Peg Rowan, the missing man's mother. "As we move along though the years, it gets tougher and tougher. We cannot move on without finding John. Help us to find our son so we can bring him home to lay to rest in a scared burial place."

Rowan came to the United States from Ireland almost 20 years ago, looking for work. He helped build several construction businesses and was a partner in a St. Augustine pub.

He retained his Irish citizenship.

#9 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,431 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

http://www.news4jax....322/detail.html

Rally Marks Year 3 Since 2 Boys Disappeared
Families Remain Hopeful

POSTED: 7:23 pm EST February 10, 2008

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The nightmare for two Jacksonville families continued Sunday, exactly three years after their boys disappeared after walking off the campus of a local middle school.

Mark Degner and Bryan Hayes vanished on Feb. 10, 2005. The boys were 12 and 13 years old when they went missing.

On Sunday, family and friends gathered near Paxon Middle School to honor the missing boys and to keep their images in the public eye.

"It's been three years since they walked from Paxon Middle School, and they haven't been seen since. Having a missing loved one has been the most trying time and difficult time that our family has ever faced. It has been our faith in God that has sustained us and brought us peace, encouragement and hope," said a family member.

The families said they hope Sunday's event keeps the memories of their loved ones alive, and they hoped someone would remember something they saw three years ago and come forward with that information.

"We know that God is in control and that he sees the bigger picture. That doesn’t mean that we stop doing everything in our power to bring our family members home, but it means that we move forward trusting God with the outcome," one family member said.

Progression pictures of what Degner and Hayes may look like three years after they disappeared were also shown at Sunday's rally.

"As of today, through technology we're looking at age-progression picture. We're asking anyone through media, if you happen to see someone who happens to resemble and looks like these boys, please call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office," said Ann Dugger, of the Justice Coalition.

The boys' families said they would not stop searching until their boys came home. They were not alone.

As the rally for Degner and Hayes grew, so did the number of families in attendance holding out hope that their own loved ones would find their ways back home.

One by one, family members of missing persons took the microphone and told their stories:

"My name is Vikki Smith and my son, Joshua, disappeared in 2000."

"My name is Mattie Johnson and my daughter, Sheena, disappeared Sept. 8, 2006."

"Hi, I'm Anita Sullivan. My brother is Austin Davis, who has been missing since June 26 of last year."

"My name is Margaret Rowan. I'm mother of John Rowan, missing since Feb. 21 2001."

Although each story was different, heartbreak was something all of the families shared.

"She left home and told me, 'Mom, I'm going. I'll be back.' The last we heard from her she went to the store … she walked out the store and she hasn’t been seen or heard from since," Johnson said.

Rowan's family came to Sunday's rally wearing pins to remember her son, who she said was a hardworking Irish immigrant who she believes was murdered.

"I want answers and I need answers now. I can't go on any longer. I need people here in Jacksonville to support me. I need answers. Somebody did something wrong to my son that morning, and I really need to find him," Rowan said.

Anyone with information about any missing person can call Crimestoppers at 866-845-TIPS to give authorities tips. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

Kelly Murphy, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#10 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • LocationMetropolitan St. Louis

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

John has now been missing for 7 years.  Our thoughts and prayers are with those who love him.

#11 Deborah

Deborah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 805 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

John has been missing 9 years.

If you have any information about Joshua Smith's disappearance, please call the St. John's County Sheriff's Office at 904-824-8304.

Deborah Cox, Volunteer
Case Verification
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member
http://www.projectja.../awareness.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#12 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,641 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

https://www.findthem...g/cases/5395/0/
NamUs profile for John Rowan - Case 5395

Lori Davis, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearc...harityid=857029

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

#13 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,431 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

http://www.actionnew...UBsYthph9g.cspx

Mourning on Florida Missing Adults' Day

Reported by: Noël McLaren
Published: 2/21 3:48 pm
Updated: 2/21 7:02 pm

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- They were mothers, sons and loved ones, then they vanished. Tuesday morning a memorial was held for the families of missing loved ones who's cases remain unsolved.

Yellow roses were handed out by Mayor Alvin Brown to the families of eleven missing faces at Jacksonville City Hall. A father's song for his long lost son echoed through the building, striking a chord with ten other families who share his pain. John Rowan and his wife Peg have been searching for their son, John Jr. for more than a decade.

"You never give up hope," said Mrs. Rowan.

But the Rowans' tragedy has become a triumph for the families of missing adults across Northeast Florida. With the Justice Coalition, and former Governor Jeb Bush, Mrs. Rowan established Florida Missing Adult's day on February 23rd, eleven years to the day that her son disappeared.

"I never thought I'd have the energy to do what I'm doing but I think God has put me in this place to have this energy and memory of my son to do what I'm doing," said Mrs. Rowan.

It was a day for the state and the city of Jacksonville to mourn, and to take notice.

"We have made progress addressing crime in Jacksonville but seeing families here today shows that we have much work today; together we can find solutions," said Mayor Alvin Brown.

If you have any information about any missing person in Northeast Florida, no matter how big or small, contact the Jacksonville Sheriffs office at (904) 630-2172.

Kelly Murphy, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick