11 replies to this topic

#1 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:39 AM

http://www.salemnews.net/news/story/..._new06hill.asp

After 5 years, no sign of Tracy Hill

By MARY ANN GREIER/Salem News staff writer

LISBON - Five years ago this week, 24-year-old Tracy Hill disappeared from her Rogers home, never to be seen again by her family, co-workers or college classmates.

Her aunt, Cindy Starling, and a cousin marked the somber occasion with a trip to Columbiana County on Thursday, armed with some names for Sheriff's Office personnel to check out in the course of their investigation.
"We told them we would follow up on it," Sheriff David Smith said. "We've done pretty much everything the family asked us to do in the case."

Smith and Det. Sgt. Allan Young met with the family members to update them on the status of the case. Hill was last seen June 7, 2001 at her place of employment, Duo Corp. in North Lima. Her mother, Zoanne Evans of Holmes County, reported her missing to the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office after she couldn't reach her by phone and couldn't find her at her home in Rogers. Her belongings were intact and besides failing to show up for work, she failed to show up for classes at the Salem campus of Kent State University.

Shortly after Evans filed the report, the car she gave Tracy to drive was found parked in a lot at Mark's Landing with no sign of Tracy anywhere. Authorities questioned her estranged husband, Clifford, who claimed she gave him the car to drive. He was charged and later imprisoned for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. His mother's residence wasn't far from where the car was found. Divers searched Guilford Lake the summer of 2001, but found nothing.

The car was searched for trace evidence and biological evidence, but "nothing of any evidentiary value was recovered," Young said.

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections web site said Clifford Hill remains imprisoned for a four-year sentence he started serving in 2004 for robbery and nonsupport. The robbery charge stemmed from his holdup of people riding in an Amish buggy.

"He is still a person of interest," Young said.

The case may be five years old now, but he said it's far from cold. The term cold case carries the stigma that nobody's doing anything, but he said they're still following the case and following leads as they come in.

"We have not forgotten about Tracy Hill and we will not forget about Tracy Hill," Young said.

When asked if it was possible she just took off and didn't want to be found and could be alive somewhere, he said "nothing is 100 percent...the longer it goes, the less I believe she's alive."

In talking with family members, he said she wasn't the type to just walk away from her family. She didn't acknowledge Father's Day that year and was considered missing.

Young said even if she had gone somewhere and assumed another identity, she would have contacted her family.

"It's a matter of waiting and seeing when we get 'the' phone call, the one that's going to break the case wide open," he said.

Since her disappearance, the family set up a $10,000 reward and launched a web site to help with the search at www.tracyhill.net

Anyone with information about what happened to Tracy or where she's located should contact the Sheriff's Office at 330-424-7255.

#2 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

http://www.tracyhill.net/

Tracy Hill

Missing since June 2001

$10,000.00 Reward to anyone giving information leading to the whereabouts of Tracy Hill or convictions of people involved with her disappearance

My daughter has been missing since June 7, 2001.

In 2001, Tracy was attending classes at Kent State Univ. -Salem Branch. I believed something was wrong when I was unable to contact her by phone.

When I went to visit her in June, I was alarmed to find her personal things, but she was missing.

Tracy was married; however she was separated at the time of her disappearance.

After I filed a police report concerning Tracy’s disappearance, her vehicle was located in the possession of a relative.

When it comes to Tracy’s whereabouts, I fear the worst, but am hoping for the best.

I need your help. I need to know what happened to my daughter. If she is dead, as I suspect, I need to put her body to rest and bring justice to those responsible for her murder.

If she is still alive, as I hope, I need to find her and tell her how much I love her and have missed her.

Please help me find out what happened to Tracy Hill.

Sincerely,
Tracy’s Mom
Zoanne Evans

$10,000.00 Reward to anyone giving information leading to the whereabouts of Tracy Hill or convictions of people involved with her disappearance

Contributions to the Reward Fund to find Tracy Hill can be sent to
Any First Merit Bank in Ohio in care of:
The Tracy Hill Reward Benevolent Fund.

Here is a list of some of the First Merit locations in Ohio:

First Merit Bank
(330) 263-2830 3754 Burbank Road Wooster, OH, 44691

First Merit Bank
(330) 263-3230 135E. Liberty St., Wooster, OH, 44691

First Merit Bank
(330) 263-2751 142 N. Bever St., Wooster, OH, 44691

First Merit Bank
(330) 762-4210 855 W Market St , Akron, OH, 44303

First Merit Bank
(330) 761-1111 910 E Market St , Akron, OH, 44305

First Merit Bank
(330) 784-4730 840 Brittain Rd , Akron, OH, 44305

First Merit Bank
(330) 761-0120 727 N Main St , Akron, OH, 44310

#3 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

Tracy will be featured on the Squeeky Wheel tour on Saturday night.

Please see 411gina.org for more details about how you can see this webcast and help the missing.

Kelly

#4 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Published: Saturday, January 6, 2007

REWARD IN DISAPPEARANCE

LISBON — A $5,000 reward has been offered for information on the disappearance of Tracy Hill, who was last seen in 2001. She was 24 at the time. The Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation has offered the reward. Detective Sgt. Allan D. Young of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office said Tracy's husband, Clifford Hill, is serving a prison sentence for robbing an Amish woman at gunpoint in Holmes County in 2004. Young said Hill remains a person of interest his wife's disappearance. People with information should call Young at (330) 424-7255.
Vindy.com - The Valley's Homepage - Create Profile

#5 Kathylene

Kathylene
  • Guests

Several additional photos can be found here
The Charley Project: Tracy Marie Evans Hill

#6 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts
  • LocationMetropolitan St. Louis

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Tracy Marie Evans Hill

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 7, 2001 from Columbiana County, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: December 29, 1976
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'3, 160 - 165 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Tracy's maiden name is Evans. Her nickname is Bear. She may be known as Tracy Evans or Tracy Hill. Tracy wears eyeglasses with brown wire frames or contact lenses; she did not have her contacts with her at the time of his disappearance. Her ears are pierced and she has a tattoo of the cartoon character Tweety Bird in yellow ink on the outside of her right ankle.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white gold diamond solitaire engagement ring and a solid gold wedding band on her left ring finger, and a watch with a leather band and the cartoon character Tweety Bird on its face on her left wrist.

Details of Disappearance

Tracy was last seen in Columbiana County, Ohio on June 7, 2001. She went to her job at a machine shop, Duo Corp, in North Lima, Ohio. The job was a temporary one and she had been employed there for just six weeks by June 7. The next day, a woman claiming to be Tracy reported off work. She has never been heard from again.

Tracy was a student at the Salem, Ohio campus of Kent State University at the time of her disappearance. Her family reported her as a missing person on June 17 after receiving a call from a college official regarding Tracy's absences from classes. Tracy's relatives searched her mobile home and discovered that all of her personal belongings were inside her residence, including her clothes, contact lenses, makeup and jewelry. The only item that appeared to be missing was her purse. Dirty dishes had been stacked on the table, which Tracy's family members said is uncharacteristic of her.

Shortly after Tracy's disappearance was reported, her car was found in the parking lot of Mark's Landing. There was no sign of her at the scene and no evidence was recovered from the vehicle.

Tracy was separated from her husband, Clifford Hill Jr., in June 2001. She received an order of protection from Clifford the day before she was last seen. Clifford was arrested and charged with the unauthorized use of Tracy's vehicle after she was reported missing. He claimed that he did not know his wife's whereabouts and had had permission to use the car that day. Curiously, the vehicle was found not far from where Clifford's mother lives. Clifford was convicted of unauthorized use and theft, recieving stolen property, and forgery charges all unrelated to his wife's disappearance and sentenced to prison. After his release, he was charged with robbery in connection with the 2004 armed hold-up of an Amish buggy. He was sentenced to four years in prison and is still incarcerated. Clifford is considered a person of interest in his wife's disappearance.

Tracy's family believes that she was murdered and her body was possibly dumped in Wayne County, but there is little evidence available in her case. Law enforcement officers have conducted many searches and found nothing pertaining to Tracy's whereabouts. There have been no arrests in connection with Tracy's disappearance, but foul play is suspected due to the fact that she not contacted anyone since her disappearance.

Tracy is a graduate of Waynedale High School. Some agencies give the place of her disappearance as Rogers, Ohio.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Columbiana County Sheriff's Office
330-424-7255
OR
Wayne County Sheriff's Office
330-287-5700

Source Information
The Daily Record
The Morning Journal
The National Center for Missing Adults
Tracy Hill Missing Since June 7, 2001

#7 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

http://www.wkyc.com/...x?storyid=71927

Mystery over woman's disappearance still haunts family

Susan Moses
Created: 7/30/2007 11:49:50 AM
Updated:8/1/2007 12:26:57 PM

Ten thousand dollars of reward money and 6 years have not pried loose the whereabouts of a woman who disappeared in Columbiana County.

Tracy Hill's family believes she is dead but no one has been charged and no trace of her has been found.

"I just try to try to be on the positive side. I mean there for a long time I couldn't look at her pictures or anything", says Hill's mother Zoanne Evans.

Hill's family has spent many days pouring over photographs and documents. More than anyone else, they want to know Tracy's fate.

"She had a great smile, great way with people. She was just getting her life in order. She was going to school at Kent State University and had a job", Evans says.

In June of 2001, the 24-year-old Tracy went to work and school, and disappeared. She was married to Clifford Hill, who is currently in prison for robbing an amish buggy driver of $6 and a Bible.

"I think her husband did it. His name is Cliff Hill Junior", says Cindy Starling, Tracy's aunt.

It is an accusation, Cliff Hill Junior steadfastly denies. In fact, investigators have not turned up enough evidence to charge anyone with a crime. Immediately after Tracy disappeared, investigators scoured the couple's trailer.

"The key to the whole case right now is finding Tracy, whether it be her alive or deceased", says Columbiana County Sheriff David Smith.

Smith says his investigators have tirelessly pursued the case. "We have done every effort in this case as humanly possible; we have left no stone unturned", says Smith.

Tracy's car was found near Cliff's mother's house on Guilford Lake. Sheriffs searched that lake.and several others. But so far, nothing has turned up.

Building a case without finding Tracy is very difficult. It requires circumstantial evidence, witnesses, forensic evidence, the pieces of a puzzle that can convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt of what happened to her and who is responsible.

A $10,000 reward awaits the person who can provide that information.

"I got it in me that we're going to shake something loose out of these people. They're going to have to come forward."

Tracy's family will never give up until she's found. "That's what I want. To find my daughter so I can bury her and know where she's at. It would make me happier", says Evans.

But until that day, Tracy Hill remains very much alive in their hearts, in their minds, in their memories. The happy, smiling 24-year-old girl with a promising future.

Remember, there's a $10,000 reward in the Tracy Hill case.

If you know something you can contact the Columbiana County Sheriff's department at (330) 424-7255.

#8 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Tracy has now been missing for 7 years.  Our thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones.

#9 Kelly

Kelly

President and Founder

• Administrators
  • 7,428 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

http://www.salemnews...1.html?nav=5007

Husband of missing woman in big trouble with law again

By TOM GIAMBRONI
POSTED: April 23, 2009

LISBON - The former Rogers man whose wife disappeared nearly eight years ago is in serious trouble with the law again, this time for allegedly shooting an Ashland County man during a home-invasion robbery last month.

Clifford E. Hill Jr., appeared Wednesday in Ashland County Common Pleas Court on a charge of aggravated robbery in the March 7 robbery/shooting of John B. Stone. During the hearing Hill asked the magistrate if he could plead guilty now but was told no. He is being held in the county jail on $750,000 bond.

According to the Ashland Times-Gazette, Hill forced his way into Stone's home on the evening of March 7 and shot him twice in the abdomen while robbing him. Stone, 48, survived the shooting.

Hill, 40, was arrested on April 14 at his mother's home on Spruce Street in Lisbon. Detective Andy Sweeney of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office said the arrest was made after Hill was contacted by his state parole officer and told to meet with him at the county adult parole department in Lisbon on that day.

When Hill arrived he was met by his parole officer, Sweeney and detectives from the Ashland County Sheriff's Office. Sweeney said they proceeded to the Spruce Street address, where Hill and his mother both gave their permission to search the premise. They were able to retrieve the handgun believed to have been used in the shooting.

Hill waived his right to an extradition hearing in county Municipal Court and was returned Tuesday to Ashland County, where additional felony charges are expected to be brought against him for the shooting.

Hill is the husband of Tracy Hill, of Sprucevale Road, Rogers, who was last seen on June 7, 2001, when she showed up for work at a local machine shop. The next day a woman caller who identified herself as Tracy reported off work.

Tracy's mother contacted the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office after failing to hear from her daughter and finding her missing from the house trailer she shared with her husband. All of Tracy's belongings were still there, except for her purse.

The day after Tracy was reported missing, the car she had been given by her mother was found in Hill's possession at his mother's Guilford Lake home. Hill told investigators he had no idea what became of his wife and claimed she had given him permission to use the car.

Prior to the 25-year-old Tracy's disappearance she had obtained a domestic violence protection order against Hill, which she later dropped on June 6 - the day before her last known contact with anyone.

Sweeney said following Hill's arrest last week he was asked about Tracy, and Hill told them he still doesn't know anything about his wife's whereabouts.

Following Tracy's disappearance, Hill served a combined 20-month prison sentence for unauthorized use of his mother-in-law's car and unrelated charges of theft and receiving stolen property.

Hill was released from prison in July 2003, and in August 2004 he was arrested for robbing an Amish woman and her young daughter in Holmes County, where he is originally from. The Amish were in a horse-drawn buggy when Hill robbed them at gunpoint, stealing a purse containing $6, bank checks and a Bible. He was sentenced in February 2005 to four years in prison for the robbery and was released early last August.

Kelly Murphy, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#10 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,641 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

http://www.the-daily...article/4575525
Hill still a suspect in wife's disappearance
April 28, 2009
By IRV OSLIN
Dix Communications

ASHLAND -- Columbiana County authorities consider Clifford E. Hill Jr. a suspect in the disappearance of his wife eight years ago.

Hill, 40, Lisbon, is being held in Ashland County Jail on $750,000 bond in connection with the March 7 shooting of John B. Stone of Red Haw. Hill entered not guilty pleas April 20 in Common Pleas Court to aggravated robbery with a gun specification.

Hill's wife, Tracy M. Evans Hill, 32, was last seen at work June 7, 2001. Columbiana County Common Pleas Court had just granted her request for dismissal of a restraining order she filed against Hill two months earlier.

Clifford Hill has continuously denied involvement with his wife's disappearance, according to Lt. Allen Young, a detective with the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office. Young has followed up on leads in Columbiana, Holmes and Wayne counties without success.

"She hasn't turned up and we're still holding the investigation open," he said. "He's suspected of having something to do with her disappearance."

After Tracy Hill was reported missing by her family, Clifford Hill was found to be in possession of the car she had been driving. The car was registered to her mother.

According to Columbiana County Common Pleas Court records, Clifford Hill pleaded guilty to unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He also entered guilty pleas in unrelated cases to receiving stolen property and theft. He was ordered to serve a combined sentence of 20 months in prison.

Less than a year after he was released from prison, Clifford Hill robbed an Amish family in Holmes County.

"He stuck a .357 in an Amish woman's ear and got a few bucks and a Bible," Young said.

He was released from prison Aug. 10, 2008, after serving four years for the Holmes County robbery.

In the Ashland County case, Clifford Hill allegedly entered Stone's residence at 99 Township Road 1100 on the night of March 7 and robbed him. Stone was shot twice in the upper body during the robbery, but survived.

Clifford Hill could face more charges if the case were to go before the grand jury, which next meets May 29. He could pursue a negotiated plea agreement in the meantime.

Common Pleas Judge Deborah E. Woodward tentatively scheduled Hill for further appearance June 1.

Lori Davis, Project Jason Forum Moderator
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearc...harityid=857029

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

If you have seen any of our missing persons, please call the law enforcement agency listed on the post. All missing persons are loved by someone, and their families deserve to find the answers they seek in regards to the disappearance.

#11 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

https://www.findthem...g/cases/5681/1/
NamUs profile for Tracy Hill - Case 5681

www.projectjason.org

Please help us in our mission as a 501 c 3 nonprofit: http://projectjason....y-campaign.html

#12 Lori Davis

Lori Davis

Forum Team Leader

• Moderators
  • 10,641 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

http://www.ohioattor...PersonsDatabase

Ohio Attorney General Office's Missing Person profile for Tracy Hill

www.projectjason.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Project Jason © Copyright 2005 - 2014
Project Jason Theme, Site Design and Maintenance by Jeff Messick