Followers 0
Denise

Missing Woman: Roxanne Paltauf - TX - 07/07/2006

75 posts in this topic

Print a Poster: http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_RoxannePaltauf.pdf

paltauf_roxanne.jpgpaltauf_roxanne2.jpgpaltauf_roxanne9.jpg

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...15missing.html

'Have you seen this girl?'
Austin mother searches for her missing 18-year-old daughter.

By Suzannah Gonzales
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Every day for the past week, in the area near Rundberg Lane and Interstate 35 in North Austin, Elizabeth Harris has searched for her missing 18-year-old daughter.

In hotels and stores. Under I-35. In ditches. In trash bins. She posts fliers. She approaches strangers.

Roxanne Paultaf Was last seen by boyfriend on July 7, mother says.

"This is my daughter," Harris, 41, says, holding up a photograph of Roxanne Paultaf. "Have you seen this girl?"

Police said Friday that attempts to find Paultaf have been unsuccessful, and the department took the rare step of releasing a news release for a missing person.

Paultaf's on-and-off boyfriend of two years was the last one who had seen her, at about 8:30 p.m. July 7, Harris said.

The couple had been staying at the Budget Inn near East Rundberg Lane and I-35, spending time together alone, Harris said.

They had an argument, the boyfriend told Harris the next day. Paultaf walked out. He went after her. She told him to leave her alone. Later, he went looking. He couldn't find her.

A few hours after his call, Harris called the police.

"My mind's going crazy," Harris said Friday. "I don't know what's going on."

"I'm fearing the worst has happened. I'm trying not to," she said, crying. "I just need to know where she's at."

And it's not like Paultaf not to call, Harris said. Mother and daughter speak often, at least every other day. But Paultaf hasn't contacted her family or friends since July 7.

"She hasn't even tried to call her own cell phone," which was left in the hotel with all of her belongings, Harris said.

Only her ID was missing.

The eldest of five children and on track to earn a GED, Paultaf is talented, artistic, bright, beautiful and helpful at the family's French Place home, Harris said, a girl with dreams who aspires to study fashion and interior design.

Paultaf, who is 5-foot-4 and 124 pounds with green eyes and brown hair, was last seen wearing white shorts, a pink tank top and flip-flops, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.

"She's our lifeline," Harris said. "I've got to find her."

http://www.news8austin.com/content/y...sp?ArID=166661

Police search for missing woman

Updated: 7/15/2006 10:53 AM

By: News 8 Austin Staff

Austin police are asking for help locating a missing 18-year-old woman.

Roxanne Paultaf was last seen at a hotel on Interstate 35, just south of Rutherford Lane on July 7.

She was reported missing by her family the next day. Paultaf was staying with a friend at the hotel.

Detectives say Paultaf may have been seen in the area of Rundberg Lane and I-35 North on July 9 and 10, but they have not been able to locate her.

Paultaf is five feet four inches and about 124 pounds. She has green eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing white shorts, a pink tank top and flip flops.

Anyone who may have seen her is asked to call 911.

-- ---------------------

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stori....116ba0f6.html

Woman disappears after leaving Austin hotel

03:46 PM CDT on Friday, July 14, 2006

KVUE.com

Austin police are searching for an 18-year-old woman who hasn't been seen in a week.

Roxanne Paultaf was last seen Friday July 7, walking out of a hotel in the 8000 block of Interstate 35 North around 9 p.m.

Family members told police that Paultaf had been staying with a friend at the hotel.

Detectives say Paultaf may have been seen around Rundberg Lane and I-35 July 9 or 10, but they have been unable to reach her.

Paultaf is described as white, 5'4" tall and weighting 124 pounds. She has green eyes and brown hair.

If you have any information about where Paultaf may be, you're asked to call 911.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stori...b.77c8dc9.html

Search team finds no sign of missing teen

03:28 PM CDT on Thursday, July 20, 2006 By RUDY KOSKI / KVUE News

A desperate search for a missing teenager continued Thursday in North Austin.

Roxanne Paltauf, 18, disappeared nearly two weeks ago. She was last seen at the Budget Inn, near east Rundberg and Interstate 35.

On Thursday, Paltauf's mother, along with a team of volunteer firefighters from Bastrop County, set out to find her.

Russell Voigt recruited about a dozen co-workers from the Five Points Volunteer Fire Department to help with the search Voigt is a family friend and has known Paltauf since she was a small child. For him the search is deeply personal.

"Yeah, I know the girl, and I don't think she just walked off, I think there is foul play here," he said.

According to a recent statement from the Austin Police Department, Paltauf got into an argument with her boyfriend, and walked out of the hotel where the two were staying. Paltauf's mother, Elizabeth Harries, says she refuses to give up hope.

"She is alive and we are going to keep looking for her," she said.

The search team plans to return, but a date for another search has not yet been set.

Anyone with information about Roxanne Paltauf's whereabouts is urged to contact the Austin Police Department or CrimeStoppers at 472-TIPS.

Mother: Body found not missing teen

12:16 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 25, 2006

KVUE News

The mother of missing Roxanne Paltauf, 18, told KVUE News Tuesday that the remains found Monday in Southeast Austin were not that of her daughter.

Paltauf's mother provided dental records to the Travis County medical examiner Tuesday morning. She said the initial exam showed that the body was not Paltauf's.

Roxanne Paltauf, 18, was last seen by her boyfriend on July 8.

He says she walked away from a North Austin hotel after an argument. Paltauf hasn't been seen or heard from since.

A body was found Monday in Southeast Austin on Bastrop Highway near the intersection of Highway 183 and Montopolis. Police have released little information about the body, but neighbors believe it must have been there for at least a week.

The Travis County Medical Examiner's Office is performing an autopsy. The body has not been identified.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stori...cb.f1c629.html

News for Austin, Texas | kvue.com | Local News

Local case of missing teen gets national attention

Thursday, November 23, 2006

An Austin family hopes a national spotlight on the mystery of a missing teenager will provide clues into where she is.

Eighteen-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in July at a hotel on Interstate-35 and Rundberg.

Her boyfriend told Austin police that she took off after they had an argument. From that point, police say she vanished.

Volunteer search teams combed the area for clues but fell short of finding anything.

This week, family members learned from Austin police that the missing teenager's case will be featured on America’s Most Wanted.

[align=center]Click on the link provided above to read the complete news article.[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

Hunt Goes On For Roxanne Paltauf, Austin Teen Missing Since July - The Crime library

Hunt Goes On For Roxanne Paltauf, Austin Teen Missing Since July.

December 4, 2006

AUSTIN, Texas (Crime Library) It's been nearly five months since 18-year-old Roxanne Paltauf vanished after an argument with her on-again, off-again boyfriend of two years, but despite a continuing probe into her disappearance, authorities are reportedly still at a loss to explain her fate.

Now authorities and the missing girl's family are turning to the national media in the hope that that it can shed enough light on the case to help solve the mystery of Roxanne's disappearance. "America's Most Wanted," among others, has agreed to detail Roxanne's case, and state and local authorities are maintaining their focus on the case.

A pretty young woman with piercing green eyes who was working to earn her GED and who dreamed of becoming a fashion designer, Roxanne was last seen on July 7, according to published reports. Her mother, Elizabeth Harris, told local television station KVUE that Roxanne and her boyfriend had checked into a Budget Inn near Interstate 35 to spend some time alone together, and that they had an argument. Sometime around 8:30 p.m. on July 7, Roxanne stormed out, authorities have said. She was wearing a pink tank top, white shorts and a pair of flip-flops, carrying only her identification. The girl, who family members have described as responsible and devoted to her family, including her four younger siblings, left behind the rest of her possessions, including her cell phone.

[align=center]Click on the link provided above to read the complete article.[/align]

By SHELTON GREEN

KVUE News

An Austin family is celebrating the 19th birthday of a teenager who's been missing for almost six months without her. Roxanne Paltauf's home is now a shrine to the young woman who disappeared last July. Her 19th birthday was Wednesday but her family hasn't heard from her in six months.

Austin police say the clues into Paltauf's disappearance are drying up, and few are more anxious to get answers than her family.

Please continue to read at the link provided.

--------------------

Roxanne's mother tells us that her daughter will be featured on America's Most Wanted this Saturday night, February 3rd.

You can see her info on the AMW site here:

amw.com | Roxanne Paltauf - Missing Person

Missing Austin teen to be featured on national TV show

08:59 PM CST on Friday, February 2, 2007  By SHELTON GREEN/KVUE News

The case of a missing 17-year-old girl from Austin in getting national attention.

The T.V. show "America's Most Wanted" will feature Roxanne Paltauf's disappearance when it airs Saturday.

"I was just happy! I was saying, 'Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for getting her on there," said Paltauf's mother, Liz Harris, on Friday. "That somebody spots her and just gives us a call or calls America's Most Wanted to say, "We know where this girl is," or "We've seen her in the company of this person," or "We've seen her in this town,’ or whatever, anything, just so we have something to go on instead of nothing at all."

Paltauf was last seen in a North Austin hotel in July 2006. Her boyfriend, Louis Walls, claims they were hanging out when Paultauf walked away after an argument. He was the last to see her alive.

Harris is hoping national attention will bring in more clues.

----------------

Metro & State Briefing

Saturday, February 03, 2007

AUSTIN

Missing woman to be shown on TV

A local teen who has been missing since July will be featured on the television show "America's Most Wanted" tonight, according to the teen's family.

Family members said a show official told them that a picture of Roxanne Paltauf, 19, would be shown during the fourth commercial break of the broadcast.

The show airs tonight at 8 on Fox.

Bonnie Block, a spokeswoman for the family, said Paltauf was last seen around 9 p.m. July 8 at a Budget Inn in North Austin. Police say Paltauf walked away from the hotel after having a fight with her boyfriend, Block said. No charges have been filed in the disappearance, Block said.

If anyone has information about where to find Paltauf, they can call the show's hotline at 1 (800) CRIME-TV.

Here is a link to video about Roxanne's being featured on AMW:

MyFox Austin | AMW's Michelle Sigona Discusses Paultauf Case

02/03/2007 -- Michelle Sigona of America's Most Wanted talks with Jenni Lee about the disappearance of Roxanne Paultaf. The Austin teen disappeared several months ago and her case was featured on Saturday's episode of America's Most Wanted.

------------------

Roxanne Paltauf's Mother Seeks the Truth behind Daughter's Disappearance

By David Lohr

February 5, 2007

AUSTIN, Texas (Crime Library)- Tomorrow will be the seven-month anniversary of 18-year-old Roxanne Paltauf's mysterious disappearance. The case, which gained national attention on America's Most Wanted this past weekend, is becoming a hot topic on Internet message boards and blogs alike.

Yesterday evening, I had the opportunity to speak with Roxanne's mother, Elizabeth Harris, about the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance and this is how she described the situation:

"I had talked to her the night before she disappeared. She was staying with her boyfriend at the Budget Inn Hotel on I-35 in Austin. They were celebrating their second anniversary. They were going to spend a couple of days at the hotel, cause she still lived here at home, and I didn't approve of him, so he didn't come around here."

The following day, Elizabeth went shopping and returned home around 3:30 p.m. Shortly thereafter, she received a phone call from Roxanne's boyfriend, wanting to know if she knew where her daughter was. Elizabeth recalled the following conversation with him:

"I said no. She was with you last night. He said they had an argument, and she walked out. He said he went after her, but she told him to leave her alone, and he walked back to the room to cool down. He said he went back out 20 minutes later, but he could never find her. That is supposedly the last time he saw her. I did question him. I said, 'Look, I need to find my daughter. You've got to give me more information - you know, what was the argument about?' He kept telling me the argument was about the 'past.' And that is as much as I can get out of him. I told him, 'We have to find her. I have to have more information.' He said, 'I'm just getting upset right now' and then hung up the phone."

When she was unable to locate her daughter, Elizabeth filed a missing persons report with the Austin Police Department. From the start, she was dissatisfied with the investigation.

"The first impression the police officer gave me was 'I have a big caseload. This is adding more to my caseload.' He acted like it was an imposition for him to deal with my daughter."

Back at the hotel room, Roxanne left behind her clothing, shoes, purse and cell phone. According to comments made to authorities by the boyfriend, she had nothing but the clothes on her back when she walked out of the room.

"It was unlike her to leave her cell phone. She kept it with her at all times. The clothes he (the boyfriend) gave me a few days later were not my daughter's. Neither her sisters nor I had ever seen them before. Oddly enough, he (the boyfriend) did not immediately return her cell phone."

According to Roxanne's phone records, over three hundred calls were placed from July 8, 2006, the day of her disappearance, to July 12, 2006, the day her boyfriend returned the cell phone to her mother. Of those calls, several were placed to a cell phone number in New Mexico, which, as it turns out, is the boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, who we shall henceforth refer to as Jennifer.

Roxanne Paltauf's Mother Seeks the Truth behind Daughter's Disappearance - The Crime library

2/19/07

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Roxanne Paltauf should contact the Austin Police Department's Missing Person's at (512) 974-5250

The Missing Persons Clearinghouse at (512) 424-5074.

CRIMESTOPPERS - 472-TIPS Note: If you want to stay anonymous and possibly receive up to $1,000.00 cash pending a conviction this would be a good number to call.

For anyone who wants to check out these boards/forums dedicated to finding Roxanne and perhaps to discuss her case:

Search team finds no sign of missing teen

Roxanne is Missing. Please help find her!!!

CALL TO ACTION: Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Missing - Crimelibrary.com Message Boards

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - MISSING: Roxanne Paltauf, 19 years old, from Austin

Missing Roxanne Paltauf Austin TX

Here are two myspace accounts dedicated to Roxanne:

Myspace.com

www.myspace.com/Colleen1349

Thank you for taking time to read and perhaps to make a difference.

LionRun

2/27/07

Hello all,

Ok I am on a new mission,

I have been checking into a advertising billboard in the Rundberg--IH35 , austin tx area. This to put a Roxannes name and picture out there for all to see.

I have calls in with a couple of companies, Lamar and Reagan, billboards to get prices .

Yes it is very expensive

Approx=== $1,100.00 for the art work and $6000.00 for the space and time. The reason that it is so pricey is the location.

I am at my witts ends and continue to come with ideas in finding OUR ROXANNE AKA TEAM ROXANNE.

This could also be a start in helping other families of missing love ones, maybe start a organzation.Which i have no idea how to go about it, but it is a start.

I believe that The Good Lord has put this in my heart, my purpose.

So Please get back with me on ideas,suggestion and comments on this matter.

Through God ,All thing are possible

Thank you

God Bless and Love

Elizabeth Harris and Family

2/27/07

Yeah!!!! Reagan Billboards just called and inform me that they are willing to Donate the space for FREE!!!..Wow. Thank you Lord,

So now I just have to come up with the 1100.00 for the art work and vinyl, so more than half way there.

I want to give a shout out for Coy West @ Reagan for making this happen. You are a blessing.

I'll keep everyone inform to what is going on.

Love,

Lizzy

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish , and it will be given to you

John, 15.7

Roxanne is on Project Jason's current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. A special poster has been made for her and can be downloaded and printed for placement. More information about the program, and the link for the poster can be found here:

Project Jason - Assistance for families of the missing

In addition to the campaign, Roxanne is also featured in a trucking publication called Through the Gears. This free magazine is distributed in truck stops nationwide.

Through the Gears is one of JB Scott's many publications. In partnership with Project Jason, they feature one missing person per month. You can pick up your free copies at a local truck stop, but if it's far from you, you may want to call and ask if they carry that magazine. These are NOT with the regular for purchase magazines. At my truck stop, they are in a special rack outside the main truck stop door. At another truck stop, they are in a hallway between the store and the trucker's lounge.

Through the Gears has a circulation of about 150,000.

You can also see the current campaign information on this JB Scott webpage: 18 Wheel Angels

We hope this helps in the search for Roxanne.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski

President and Founder,

Project Jason

Project Jason - Assistance for families of the missing

Read our Voice for the Missing Blog

Project Jason-Voice for the Missing

Thank you Kelly and all the folks at Project Jason! Thank you 18 Wheel Angels! Thank you, Through The Gears! Thank you Ginny's Printing! And, thank you to everyone who reads, posts, and cares! We are making some serious progress in the search for Roxanne thanks to a loving, determined mother, Roxy's loving family, and all of those who are helping.

Here is Roxy's brand new printable poster. Please feel free to post it anywhere in the Austin area and/or send it via email to anyone who may take interest and perhaps also forward or print and post it. Thank you so very much!

LionRun

Posted Image

3/20/07

Roxy's billboard is up!!!

For anyone comes through Austin via I H 35. It can be seen while travelling North on I H 35 in Austin, just passed Braker Lane, yet it is located on the South bound side of I H 35. It is between Braker lane and Rundberg Lane on the South bound side of I H 35.

LionRun

Mother hopes billboard helps find her daughter

08:45 PM CDT on Wednesday, March 21, 2007  By SHELTON GREEN/KVUE News

A great big sign is spelling new hope for the family of Roxanne Paltauf. The 18-year-old has been missing for eight months. Now, a local company has donated a billboard on I-35 featuring Roxanne's mysterious disappearance.

The billboard is only a block away from where Roxanne was last seen. Now, her mother is hoping the exposure will bring her daughter back.

The family of Roxanne Paltauf is hoping a billboard along I-35 will help bring her home.

"(The billboard is) huge and it's beautiful, just like Roxanne,"Â said Liz Harris, Paltauf's mother.

The space was donated for free by Reagan National Advertising.

Paltauf never came home last July. The 18-year-old's boyfriend, 30-year-old Louis Walls, told the family and police that Paltauf walked away from a North Austin hotel after the couple argued. Police are anxious to talk to anyone who may have seen the couple before, during and after Roxanne's disappeared.

In July, a search by volunteers in the area where Paltauf was last seen turned up nothing. She was also featured on the TV show, 'America's Most Wanted' earlier this year. Last week, Paltauf's story appeared in '18-Wheel Angels'Â, a national magazine for truck drivers.

Harris now has high hopes that this latest tool will finally provide the missing piece of the puzzle.

"I think this is a perfect location, especially 5 o'clock traffic, everybody's going to be stopped, they're going to be looking at something, they'll be looking at her and hopefully remember her face, seen her around, find some information that maybe somebody knows where she's at,"Â she said.

Friends and family donated the $1,100 it took to create the artwork.

Call Crimestoppers at 472-TIPS if you know where Roxanne is. Remember, any tip leading to an arrest could mean a reward of up to $1,000.

Mother hopes billboard helps find her daughter | News for Austin, Texas | kvue.com | Local News

From the Family:

"Hello All

Just an update,

Roxanne's Billboard has moved to a new location. It is now on N. Lamar just north of Braker Ln.   11712 N. Lamar

New location and new eyes to see her and help find her.

Thank you Reagan signs!

We still have no clues to what has happened to our Roxanne.

I am also working on a new project on getting more exposure out there about Roxanne. I will keep all posted as this project comes to light.

Its coming up on a year since she vanished, Can you believe it? I sure can't.

Thank you all for your support and keep the prayers coming.

Lets not let Roxanne be forgotten.

Thank you

Elizabeth Harris"

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/062607kvuePaltauf-cb.1895b8d3.html

Flyers draw attention to teen's disappearance

June 26, 2007

New flyers will soon be posted all over town in hopes of finding a missing Austin teenager. Two Austin companies have joined efforts to print and distribute the new flyers.

Posted Image

She was last seen by her boyfriend on July 8, 2006.

He told detectives she walked away from a Budget Inn hotel where they were staying. He said they got in a fight and she walked off.

Several searches were conducted in the East Rundberg and Interstate 35 area, but she has not been found.

From the Family:

"Tomorrow will be 1 year since Roxanne disappeared.

My family will be out in the Rundberg and HI 35 area, Rundberg and N Lamar, to N.Brake and N. Lamar ending at Roxannes billboard to place out flyers from 10 am to 12 pm Noon. Fox 7 has asked if they could come out to follow us around so Roxannes story can be on the news.

The only thing that keeps me going besides my other beautiful children is continuously trying to keep her name and face out there in the public. Hopefully someone, somewhere, will see her or know what has happened to her.

Please make copy of her flyer and place it out in your work place, on your cars or any pole that others may see. We need ALL the help when can get. We need to find Roxanne.

Thank you so much for your support and prayers.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Harris and Family"

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/062607kvuePaltauf-cb.1895b8d3.html

Flyers draw attention to teen's disappearance

04:01 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

KVUE News

New flyers will soon be posted all over town in hopes of finding a missing Austin teenager. Two Austin companies have joined efforts to print and distribute the new flyers.

Roxanne Paltauf, 18, disappeared last July in Northeast Austin.

She was last seen by her boyfriend on July 8, 2006. He told detectives she walked away from a Budget Inn hotel where they were staying. He said they got in a fight and she walked off.

Several searches were conducted in the East Rundberg and Interstate 35 area, but she has not been found.

Paltauf's family is hoping the new flyers will raise awareness about Roxanne's disappearance.

Message from the Family:

"Hello All

As you know yesterday was 1 year since our Roxanne disappeared.

Our family and friends were out putting out flyers and talking to others in the area where she disappeared. We just want to keep her name and her pretty face out there so maybe someone may remember seeing her and lead us to answers to what has happened to her.

I just want to thank everyone who have helped us along the way.

There are many of you, so thank you.

Roxanne will be proud of all the out pouring of love that has been expressed.

Still the fact remains, We have no idea where she is.......... .

She is loved and missed by so many and life just isn't the same.

Lizzy"

From the Family:

"Hello all,

This Friday , Aug 3,2007 we will be participating in a Night Without Crime on Rundberg Lane, which is in the same area in which Roxanne dissaperared. If you are able, please come out to support the cause. We will be out there sporting our new blue T-shirt with Roxannes Flyer on it.

Don't be a Victim, Participate in

A NIGHT WITHOUT CRIME ON RUNDBERG LN.

NEIGHBORHOOD WALK

Come make a stand against criminal activity with hundreds of your neighbors and APD, walking down the middle of Rundberg Lane. This walk ends with all having food, listening to music and meeting new friends

FRIDAY AUGUST 3, from 7pm to 10pm

Meet next to Conoco Station (310 E. Rundberg)

Food, Music, Friends.

Brought to you by Austin Police Dept. and North Austin Coalition of Neighborhoods"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0