Project Jason is honored to offer scholarships to qualified immediate family members of persons missing in the US for the annual Keys to Healing retreat. The scholarship fund, is in memory of board member Denise Harrison, who passed away in October of 2015 after a lengthy and courageous battle with cancer.
Even though Denise did not have a missing loved one, she loved the retreat and the impact it has on families of missing persons who attend. Her contribution to the retreat as a key assistant and liaison with the attendees was invaluable. No one would have guessed she did not have the personal experience of having a loved one missing because she so deeply loved her work and the people who were fortunate to be able to take part in this coping skills retreat.
It was her fondest wish and hope that the retreat can continue on for years to come, making a difference in the lives of others and it did hers. Through her generous spirit, which lives on forever in all whom she touched during her life and afterward, Project Jason and the family of Denise Harrison offers scholarships for qualified family members of missing persons which cover the retreat fees.
The retreat fees cover transportation to and from the Kansas City (The 2016 Location) airport or an airport hotel, your room at the retreat center, all classes, talks, related activities, provided snacks, beverages, and meals.
Read more about the retreat.
Qualifications to attend the Keys to Healing retreat:
- The loved one must be reported to a US law enforcement agency as a missing person and be listed in the NCIC as such.
- The missing loved one must be registered with Project Jason by a qualified immediate family member.
- The immediate family member’s relationship to the missing loved one is any of the following: legal parents, adult siblings 18 years of age or older, or spouse.
Note: A support person is allowed to attend with the qualified immediate family member, but is not eligible for the scholarship. Examples of a support person include: adult siblings, adult children, spouse, domestic partner, or grandparents of the attendee.
Qualifications to apply for the Denise A. Harrison Memorial Scholarship:
The applicant must meet all qualification for attendance as listed above.
- The applicant has not previously attended the Keys to Healing retreat.
- The applicant has the need for financial assistance.
- The chosen applicant is able to make all necessary personal arrangements to attend the retreat.
- The chosen applicant is able to provide their own transportation to the retreat.
How to apply for the Denise A. Harrison Memorial Scholarship:
Applicants who meet all the qualifications as above need to submit the following to Project Jason via the designated online application form by May 15, 2016:
- Name, city, state, missing loved one’s name and your relationship to the missing loved one.
- 250 words or more stating why it would be important for you to attend the retreat and your goal for outcomes as a result of having attended.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please email us to be sent the link to the online application form. Email: email@example.com
All applications will be reviewed and the selected scholarships winner(s) notified no later than May 22, 2016. Selected applicants will need to give final confirmation of attendance to Project Jason by May 30, 2016. All applicants will be notified of their status as soon as the selection and acceptance processes are complete.